Ralph Fiennes to Make Movie Character Based on Political Leaders
Ralph Fiennes looked to the world political arena for inspiration for his big screen version of Roman leader Coriolanus, he based the character on Vladimir Putin and Ariel Sharon. The Oscar-nominated actor has gone behind the camera for his directorial debut and decided to tackle the first ever movie version of the Shakespeare play.
And he aimed high when researching how to bring the lead character to life in the 21st century, he studied the personalities of Russian Prime Minister Putin and former Israeli leader Sharon. Fiennes tells Total Film magazine, "Someone who's steeped in vigorous nationalism and authoritarian stance would be Putin."
"He's the person I looked at. And the tougher Israeli leaders, like Ariel Sharon. They reflected aspects of Coriolanus, that intransigence and unbending nationalism."
- Hoda Kotb Introduces Newly-Adopted Daughter, Explains Baby's Name
- Karrueche Tran Accuses Chris Brown of Domestic Violence, Files for Restraining Order
- Han Solo Movie Offers First Picture of Cast Members in Millennium Falcon
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future