Sandra Bullock Gives Away 1 Million Dollars to Japan Tsunami Survivors
Generous Sandra Bullock has donated $1 million to help the relief effort following Japan's earthquake and tsunami disasters last week. The move follows a similar hand-out from the kind-hearted Oscar winner following the Haiti earthquake in January 2010.
Bullock's donation will benefit the American Red Cross' efforts in the Far East. Her cash matches the donation actress-singer Demi Lovato reportedly made to charity earlier this week.
Singer-songwriter Jack Johnson, who was in Japan when the earthquake hit, has also made a contribution, while Clint Eastwood, Katy Perry, Charlie Sheen and Lady GaGa are among the celebrities raising money from the sale of DVDs, concert tickets, bangles and merchandise.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics