Sandra Bullock Gives Away 1 Million Dollars to Japan Tsunami Survivors
Generous Sandra Bullock has donated $1 million to help the relief effort following Japan's earthquake and tsunami disasters last week. The move follows a similar hand-out from the kind-hearted Oscar winner following the Haiti earthquake in January 2010.
Bullock's donation will benefit the American Red Cross' efforts in the Far East. Her cash matches the donation actress-singer Demi Lovato reportedly made to charity earlier this week.
Singer-songwriter Jack Johnson, who was in Japan when the earthquake hit, has also made a contribution, while Clint Eastwood, Katy Perry, Charlie Sheen and Lady GaGa are among the celebrities raising money from the sale of DVDs, concert tickets, bangles and merchandise.
More Sandra Bullock News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!