Sandra Bullock Gives Away 1 Million Dollars to Japan Tsunami Survivors
Generous Sandra Bullock has donated $1 million to help the relief effort following Japan's earthquake and tsunami disasters last week. The move follows a similar hand-out from the kind-hearted Oscar winner following the Haiti earthquake in January 2010.
Bullock's donation will benefit the American Red Cross' efforts in the Far East. Her cash matches the donation actress-singer Demi Lovato reportedly made to charity earlier this week.
Singer-songwriter Jack Johnson, who was in Japan when the earthquake hit, has also made a contribution, while Clint Eastwood, Katy Perry, Charlie Sheen and Lady GaGa are among the celebrities raising money from the sale of DVDs, concert tickets, bangles and merchandise.
More Sandra Bullock News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'