Jonathan Rhys-Meyers to Face Assault Lawsuit
Actor Jonathan Rhys-Meyers is facing a lawsuit over allegations he assaulted a female worker at New York's JFK Airport last May 2010. The actor of "The Tudors" was banned from flying with United Airlines after allegedly launching a drunken tirade at staff following a vodka binge while waiting for his flight.
He headed to rehab shortly after the incident to battle his ongoing drink problems, but Meyers' alleged outburst has come back to haunt him after United Airlines customer service director Kathryn Williams filed suit against the star earlier in March.
In papers filed at the Supreme Court in Queens, New York, Williams claims she suffered permanent physical damage at the hands of the star, as well as severe emotional distress. The documents state, "That on May 7, 2010, at approximately 6.00 A.M... the defendant committed tortuous acts consisting of verbally and physically abusing plaintiff causing her to sustain physical injuries and severe emotional distress."
"Defendant Jonathan Rhys-Meyers willfully, maliciously, wantonly and without any just cause or provocation assaulted and battered plaintiff Kathryn Williams."
Williams is seeking damages for assault and battery, intentional infliction of emotional distress, and outrage.
More Jonathan Rhys-Meyers News
- Is Hailey Baldwin Dating Kendall Jenner's Ex Jordan Clarkson?
- Kim Kardashian Says Goodbye to Barack Obama's Presidency With Throwback Pics
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo