Jodie Foster: I Will Always Love Mel Gibson
Actress Jodie Foster stands by Mel Gibson despite his legal woes, confessing she will love the troubled star for the rest of her life. Foster, who directed Gibson in new movie "The Beaver", admits she has a soft spot for the embattled actor and finds it easy to forgive him when he screws up and hits the headlines.
"He is the most loved actor I have ever worked with on a movie," she tells The Hollywood Reporter. "And he's not saintly, and he's got a big mouth, and he'll do gross things your nephew would do. But I knew the minute I met him that I would love him the rest of my life."
Foster remained a loyal supporter of the "Braveheart" star as Gibson faced media scrutiny for his nasty split with ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva. She continues, "We talked about it all the way through, about what was going on in his life. I don't think he told me until it was something he couldn't handle by himself."
Despite the public backlash, Foster stuck by Gibson as he faced legal troubles for allegedly attacking Grigorieva during a heated argument in January 2010. She adds, "I know him in a very complex way. He's a real person; he's not a cardboard cutout. I know that he has troubles, and when you love somebody you don't just walk away from them when they are struggling."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences