Mother to Write Katy Perry's Family Secrets in Book
Katy Perry's family secrets are to be exposed in a new book, written by her mother. The "I Kissed a Girl" hitmaker's parents, Keith and Mary Hudson, are Christian evangelists and ensured their daughter had a strict religious upbringing.
After the singer found fame, gossips speculated her parents were unhappy with her sexy image and raunchy lyric, and now Mary Hudson is seeking to "set the record straight" about the family history. In the tome, she explains why she "disagrees with a lot of choices" the pop star has made, and reveals the "negative" impact her daughter's fame has had on her ministry.
According to New York Post gossip column Page Six, a summary proposal for the book is already being passed around publishing houses in the Big Apple. It reads, "This memoir is her story, in her own words. Mary and Keith Hudson have been Christian Evangelists long before the world even heard of Katy Perry..."
"Amid a torrent of negative reports from tabloid magazines and entertainment shows, Mary Hudson wants to tell 'her story' and dispel a lot of rumors. Katy's success has impacted her ministry in both negative and positive ways."
"She loves her daughter very much and is very proud of her accomplishments, but disagrees with a lot of choices she makes in her career. This memoir is to set the record straight. It is not Christian proselytizing or a Katy Perry tell-all. It is the story of Mary Perry Hudson."
More Katy Perry News
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'