Mother to Write Katy Perry's Family Secrets in Book
Katy Perry's family secrets are to be exposed in a new book, written by her mother. The "I Kissed a Girl" hitmaker's parents, Keith and Mary Hudson, are Christian evangelists and ensured their daughter had a strict religious upbringing.
After the singer found fame, gossips speculated her parents were unhappy with her sexy image and raunchy lyric, and now Mary Hudson is seeking to "set the record straight" about the family history. In the tome, she explains why she "disagrees with a lot of choices" the pop star has made, and reveals the "negative" impact her daughter's fame has had on her ministry.
According to New York Post gossip column Page Six, a summary proposal for the book is already being passed around publishing houses in the Big Apple. It reads, "This memoir is her story, in her own words. Mary and Keith Hudson have been Christian Evangelists long before the world even heard of Katy Perry..."
"Amid a torrent of negative reports from tabloid magazines and entertainment shows, Mary Hudson wants to tell 'her story' and dispel a lot of rumors. Katy's success has impacted her ministry in both negative and positive ways."
"She loves her daughter very much and is very proud of her accomplishments, but disagrees with a lot of choices she makes in her career. This memoir is to set the record straight. It is not Christian proselytizing or a Katy Perry tell-all. It is the story of Mary Perry Hudson."
More Katy Perry News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March