Celine Dion Surprises Critics With Las Vegas Residency
New mum Celine Dion impressed critics when she launched her new Las Vegas residency on Tuesday night, March 15, less than five months after giving birth to twins. The singer, who welcomed sons Nelson and Eddy in October 2010, previously appeared on the Sin City stage from 2003 to 2007 in her "A New Day..." show.
Dion has now started a three-year run at Caesar's Palace and her first performance since becoming a mum was a huge hit. The "My Heart Will Go On" hitmaker wowed the crowd with a mixture of her classic hits, a Michael Jackson tribute, a holographic duet with Stevie Wonder, and a medley of tracks from "James Bond" movies.
"Dion is better than ever," a reviewer writes in the Toronto Sun. "If her last show sold out for five years, this one should make it for 10", while a critic from the Las Vegas Review-Journal describes the opening as "a sophisticated mix of glitz" and "high-tech surprises".
More Celine Dion News
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'