Celine Dion Surprises Critics With Las Vegas Residency
New mum Celine Dion impressed critics when she launched her new Las Vegas residency on Tuesday night, March 15, less than five months after giving birth to twins. The singer, who welcomed sons Nelson and Eddy in October 2010, previously appeared on the Sin City stage from 2003 to 2007 in her "A New Day..." show.
Dion has now started a three-year run at Caesar's Palace and her first performance since becoming a mum was a huge hit. The "My Heart Will Go On" hitmaker wowed the crowd with a mixture of her classic hits, a Michael Jackson tribute, a holographic duet with Stevie Wonder, and a medley of tracks from "James Bond" movies.
"Dion is better than ever," a reviewer writes in the Toronto Sun. "If her last show sold out for five years, this one should make it for 10", while a critic from the Las Vegas Review-Journal describes the opening as "a sophisticated mix of glitz" and "high-tech surprises".
More Celine Dion News
- Justin Theroux Joins 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Mischa Barton Reveals Emotional Abuse and Blackmail by Ex-Boyfriend Who Leaked Her Sex Tape
- Jordan Peele Eyed to Direct Manga Adaptation 'Akira'
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 New Teaser Shows 'Long Walk' to the Throne
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App