Celine Dion Surprises Critics With Las Vegas Residency
New mum Celine Dion impressed critics when she launched her new Las Vegas residency on Tuesday night, March 15, less than five months after giving birth to twins. The singer, who welcomed sons Nelson and Eddy in October 2010, previously appeared on the Sin City stage from 2003 to 2007 in her "A New Day..." show.
Dion has now started a three-year run at Caesar's Palace and her first performance since becoming a mum was a huge hit. The "My Heart Will Go On" hitmaker wowed the crowd with a mixture of her classic hits, a Michael Jackson tribute, a holographic duet with Stevie Wonder, and a medley of tracks from "James Bond" movies.
"Dion is better than ever," a reviewer writes in the Toronto Sun. "If her last show sold out for five years, this one should make it for 10", while a critic from the Las Vegas Review-Journal describes the opening as "a sophisticated mix of glitz" and "high-tech surprises".
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher