Celine Dion Surprises Critics With Las Vegas Residency
New mum Celine Dion impressed critics when she launched her new Las Vegas residency on Tuesday night, March 15, less than five months after giving birth to twins. The singer, who welcomed sons Nelson and Eddy in October 2010, previously appeared on the Sin City stage from 2003 to 2007 in her "A New Day..." show.
Dion has now started a three-year run at Caesar's Palace and her first performance since becoming a mum was a huge hit. The "My Heart Will Go On" hitmaker wowed the crowd with a mixture of her classic hits, a Michael Jackson tribute, a holographic duet with Stevie Wonder, and a medley of tracks from "James Bond" movies.
"Dion is better than ever," a reviewer writes in the Toronto Sun. "If her last show sold out for five years, this one should make it for 10", while a critic from the Las Vegas Review-Journal describes the opening as "a sophisticated mix of glitz" and "high-tech surprises".
- Miranda Lambert Already Plans to Get Married to Anderson East?
- New 'Max Steel' Trailer Highlights the Superhero's Origin
- Selena Gomez Reportedly Enters Rehab After Drug Abuse due to Christina Grimmie's Death
- Rick Ross Is Gearing Up for His Next Collab With Skrillex
- 'America's Got Talent' First Five Finalists of Season 21 Revealed
- Chris Brown Accuser Told Her Friend Singer's 'About to Go Down' After Alleged Gun Incident
- 'Game of Thrones' Casts First New Addition for Season 7
- P. Diddy Teases Snippet of Cassie's New Single 'Make Up'