Celine Dion Surprises Critics With Las Vegas Residency
New mum Celine Dion impressed critics when she launched her new Las Vegas residency on Tuesday night, March 15, less than five months after giving birth to twins. The singer, who welcomed sons Nelson and Eddy in October 2010, previously appeared on the Sin City stage from 2003 to 2007 in her "A New Day..." show.
Dion has now started a three-year run at Caesar's Palace and her first performance since becoming a mum was a huge hit. The "My Heart Will Go On" hitmaker wowed the crowd with a mixture of her classic hits, a Michael Jackson tribute, a holographic duet with Stevie Wonder, and a medley of tracks from "James Bond" movies.
"Dion is better than ever," a reviewer writes in the Toronto Sun. "If her last show sold out for five years, this one should make it for 10", while a critic from the Las Vegas Review-Journal describes the opening as "a sophisticated mix of glitz" and "high-tech surprises".
More Celine Dion News
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift