Lily Allen: People Should 'Give Peaches Geldof a Break'
British singer Lily Allen has defended Peaches Geldof following scathing reviews of the socialite's new TV chat show, insisting critics should "give her a break". Bob Geldof's daughter made her hosting debut when she launched new U.K. program "OMG!" earlier in March.
The show has been met with mixed reactions, with some critics slating the format as "shockingly bad". One unimpressed fan wrote to Allen on Twitter, "Lets (sic) hope that OMG show becomes 'canned Peaches' very soon... lol (laugh out loud)."
But instead of condoning the comments, Allen responded by slamming the user for making the suggestion. She writes back, "You sound very bitter, give her a break. She's not hurting anyone... Why would you want that? You must be jealous."
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy