Peaches Geldof Accused of $105 Dress Theft
Bob Geldof's wildchild daughter Peaches Geldof is facing a police investigation over allegations she stole a dress from a store in London. The TV personality is accused of walking into a vintage retailer in Camden and taking a $105 dress from the rails earlier in March.
According to Britain's The Sun, the shop attendant instantly recognized the 22-year-old star and chased after her, but didn't want to leave the store unattended. The alleged theft was reported to cops and London's Metropolitan Police have confirmed they are looking into the claims.
"We can confirm police have received an allegation of theft," a spokesperson says. "It is alleged that on March 4 a woman stole a dress from a shop in Camden Road. Officers are investigating the alleged theft."
However, a representative for Geldof, who has been accused of shoplifting in the past, denies the star was anywhere near the store on the day the dress was allegedly stolen. The publicist states, "On the afternoon of March 4 Peaches was picked up from her home address at 1.15 PM and taken to a voiceover studio in [London area] SE1 where she spent two and a half hours. Peaches knows nothing about this incident which we strenuously deny."
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?