Peaches Geldof Accused of $105 Dress Theft
Bob Geldof's wildchild daughter Peaches Geldof is facing a police investigation over allegations she stole a dress from a store in London. The TV personality is accused of walking into a vintage retailer in Camden and taking a $105 dress from the rails earlier in March.
According to Britain's The Sun, the shop attendant instantly recognized the 22-year-old star and chased after her, but didn't want to leave the store unattended. The alleged theft was reported to cops and London's Metropolitan Police have confirmed they are looking into the claims.
"We can confirm police have received an allegation of theft," a spokesperson says. "It is alleged that on March 4 a woman stole a dress from a shop in Camden Road. Officers are investigating the alleged theft."
However, a representative for Geldof, who has been accused of shoplifting in the past, denies the star was anywhere near the store on the day the dress was allegedly stolen. The publicist states, "On the afternoon of March 4 Peaches was picked up from her home address at 1.15 PM and taken to a voiceover studio in [London area] SE1 where she spent two and a half hours. Peaches knows nothing about this incident which we strenuously deny."
- Kobe Bryant and Wife Vanessa Welcome Baby No. 3
- John Cena Enters Battlefield in Intense Trailer for Doug Liman's 'The Wall'
- Gigi Hadid Blames Meds for Skinnier Figure, Announces Social Media Break Over the Holidays
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Major Sideboob and Butt While Celebrating Birthday With Meek Mill
- 'La La Land' and 'Arrival' Among AFI's Top Ten Movies of 2016
- Donald Trump Is Still Involved in 'The Apprentice' After All
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson