Peaches Geldof Accused of $105 Dress Theft
Bob Geldof's wildchild daughter Peaches Geldof is facing a police investigation over allegations she stole a dress from a store in London. The TV personality is accused of walking into a vintage retailer in Camden and taking a $105 dress from the rails earlier in March.
According to Britain's The Sun, the shop attendant instantly recognized the 22-year-old star and chased after her, but didn't want to leave the store unattended. The alleged theft was reported to cops and London's Metropolitan Police have confirmed they are looking into the claims.
"We can confirm police have received an allegation of theft," a spokesperson says. "It is alleged that on March 4 a woman stole a dress from a shop in Camden Road. Officers are investigating the alleged theft."
However, a representative for Geldof, who has been accused of shoplifting in the past, denies the star was anywhere near the store on the day the dress was allegedly stolen. The publicist states, "On the afternoon of March 4 Peaches was picked up from her home address at 1.15 PM and taken to a voiceover studio in [London area] SE1 where she spent two and a half hours. Peaches knows nothing about this incident which we strenuously deny."
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger
- 'Don't Breathe' Scares 'Suicide Squad' Away From Box Office's No. 1
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake, Calvin Harris and Fifth Harmony Among Early Winners
- MTV VMAs 2016: Watch Rihanna, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj's Performances
- Ariana Grande Confirms She's Dating Mac Miller at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Frank Ocean Earns First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Blonde'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Is Snow Queen, Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj Show Skin on Red Carpet