Peaches Geldof Accused of $105 Dress Theft
Bob Geldof's wildchild daughter Peaches Geldof is facing a police investigation over allegations she stole a dress from a store in London. The TV personality is accused of walking into a vintage retailer in Camden and taking a $105 dress from the rails earlier in March.
According to Britain's The Sun, the shop attendant instantly recognized the 22-year-old star and chased after her, but didn't want to leave the store unattended. The alleged theft was reported to cops and London's Metropolitan Police have confirmed they are looking into the claims.
"We can confirm police have received an allegation of theft," a spokesperson says. "It is alleged that on March 4 a woman stole a dress from a shop in Camden Road. Officers are investigating the alleged theft."
However, a representative for Geldof, who has been accused of shoplifting in the past, denies the star was anywhere near the store on the day the dress was allegedly stolen. The publicist states, "On the afternoon of March 4 Peaches was picked up from her home address at 1.15 PM and taken to a voiceover studio in [London area] SE1 where she spent two and a half hours. Peaches knows nothing about this incident which we strenuously deny."
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo