Trespasser Claims to Be Madonna's 'Lover'
A man accused of breaking into Madonna's London home traveled from all the way from Poland to meet her and believes the superstar is his lover, a court has heard. Grzegorz Matlok was arrested on Saturday, March 12, and charged with burglary after he was allegedly discovered in Madonna's Marylebone townhouse.
The 29-year-old appeared in court in Westminster on Monday, March 14, and prosecutors claimed he had arrived in the U.K. from his native Poland just hours before the alleged break-in, and reportedly believes he is in a relationship with the Material Girl.
According to Britain's Daily Star Newspaper, prosecutor Punal Chopra told the court, "Mr Matlok, as he explained in his interview, has initially rung the doorbell, it has not been answered, so he climbed onto the balcony using a rope he brought with him."
"He entered bedrooms and bedclothes have been disturbed, particularly the bed belonging to the artist. He explained to police he had traveled from Poland with the specific intention of meeting the artist known as Madonna who he believes he is in an intimate relationship with."
It was also revealed that a man was arrested at Madonna's former country home in 2010 and had allegedly tried on clothes belonging to her ex-husband Guy Ritchie.
Matlok was remanded in custody while psychiatric reports are prepared.
More Madonna News
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri