Casey Royer Charged After Overdosing in Front of Son
Punk icon Casey Royer has been charged with child endangerment after allegedly overdosing on heroin in front of his son. The former Social Distortion drummer was admitted to hospital in Orange County, California last week after allegedly collapsing while watching TV with his 12-year-old boy.
The pre-teen appealed to neighbors for help and the police were called to the scene, which was littered with drug paraphernalia, reports TMZ. Royer, 52, was hospitalized, revived by doctors and subsequently arrested.
On Monday, March 14, he was charged with child endangerment and being under the influence of heroin. The musician was also charged with one count of being under the influence of heroin. In addition to the charge, he was being held on $120,00 bail.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival