Casey Royer Charged After Overdosing in Front of Son
Punk icon Casey Royer has been charged with child endangerment after allegedly overdosing on heroin in front of his son. The former Social Distortion drummer was admitted to hospital in Orange County, California last week after allegedly collapsing while watching TV with his 12-year-old boy.
The pre-teen appealed to neighbors for help and the police were called to the scene, which was littered with drug paraphernalia, reports TMZ. Royer, 52, was hospitalized, revived by doctors and subsequently arrested.
On Monday, March 14, he was charged with child endangerment and being under the influence of heroin. The musician was also charged with one count of being under the influence of heroin. In addition to the charge, he was being held on $120,00 bail.
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger
- 'Don't Breathe' Scares 'Suicide Squad' Away From Box Office's No. 1
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake, Calvin Harris and Fifth Harmony Among Early Winners
- MTV VMAs 2016: Watch Rihanna, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj's Performances
- Ariana Grande Confirms She's Dating Mac Miller at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Frank Ocean Earns First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Blonde'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Is Snow Queen, Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj Show Skin on Red Carpet