Casey Royer Charged After Overdosing in Front of Son
Punk icon Casey Royer has been charged with child endangerment after allegedly overdosing on heroin in front of his son. The former Social Distortion drummer was admitted to hospital in Orange County, California last week after allegedly collapsing while watching TV with his 12-year-old boy.
The pre-teen appealed to neighbors for help and the police were called to the scene, which was littered with drug paraphernalia, reports TMZ. Royer, 52, was hospitalized, revived by doctors and subsequently arrested.
On Monday, March 14, he was charged with child endangerment and being under the influence of heroin. The musician was also charged with one count of being under the influence of heroin. In addition to the charge, he was being held on $120,00 bail.
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'