Nicki Minaj to Promote Casio Tryx
Rap sensation Nicki Minaj has been unveiled as the new spokesmodel for the latest Casio camera, which means she will face off with her labelmate and rumored lover Drake. The "Check It Out" hitmaker has teamed up with bosses at Casio America to promote the Casio Tryx, which she will help to launch with a special performance in New York in April.
"Casio sure knows how to design a camera," Minaj says in a statement. "I'm excited to be part of the Tryx Out: NYC 2011 launch party and look forward to working together with Casio to make sure this camera gets the party it deserves! With a Tryx in my hand, there's no doubt that I'll be able to take incredible images and video on tour and beyond."
Hip-hop group The Roots will also perform at the event.
Minaj's Young Money Records pal Drake joined Rihanna, rapper Pitbull and singer Trey Songz to front Kodak's So Kodak campaign in 2010.
More Nicki Minaj News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie