Nicki Minaj to Promote Casio Tryx
Rap sensation Nicki Minaj has been unveiled as the new spokesmodel for the latest Casio camera, which means she will face off with her labelmate and rumored lover Drake. The "Check It Out" hitmaker has teamed up with bosses at Casio America to promote the Casio Tryx, which she will help to launch with a special performance in New York in April.
"Casio sure knows how to design a camera," Minaj says in a statement. "I'm excited to be part of the Tryx Out: NYC 2011 launch party and look forward to working together with Casio to make sure this camera gets the party it deserves! With a Tryx in my hand, there's no doubt that I'll be able to take incredible images and video on tour and beyond."
Hip-hop group The Roots will also perform at the event.
Minaj's Young Money Records pal Drake joined Rihanna, rapper Pitbull and singer Trey Songz to front Kodak's So Kodak campaign in 2010.
More Nicki Minaj News
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers