Nicki Minaj to Promote Casio Tryx
Rap sensation Nicki Minaj has been unveiled as the new spokesmodel for the latest Casio camera, which means she will face off with her labelmate and rumored lover Drake. The "Check It Out" hitmaker has teamed up with bosses at Casio America to promote the Casio Tryx, which she will help to launch with a special performance in New York in April.
"Casio sure knows how to design a camera," Minaj says in a statement. "I'm excited to be part of the Tryx Out: NYC 2011 launch party and look forward to working together with Casio to make sure this camera gets the party it deserves! With a Tryx in my hand, there's no doubt that I'll be able to take incredible images and video on tour and beyond."
Hip-hop group The Roots will also perform at the event.
Minaj's Young Money Records pal Drake joined Rihanna, rapper Pitbull and singer Trey Songz to front Kodak's So Kodak campaign in 2010.
More Nicki Minaj News
- Pictures of Pippa Middleton and James Matthews' Tropical Honeymoon Surface
- See Jason Momoa and Amber Heard Together for the First Time in 'Aquaman' Set Photo
- Heidi Klum Gets Back Together With Vito Schnabel After His Cheating Scandal
- Katy Perry Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction as She Flashes Her Underwear on Stage
- Eddie Vedder Delivers Emotional Tribute to Chris Cornell at Amsterdam Show
- Camilla Recalls 'Horrid' Time After Prince Charles Affair Was Revealed
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' Sails to No. 1 at Box Office, 'Baywatch' Sinks
- Jealous Ryan Seacrest May Drop 'American Idol' Over Katy Perry's $25 Million Paycheck