Nicki Minaj to Promote Casio Tryx
Rap sensation Nicki Minaj has been unveiled as the new spokesmodel for the latest Casio camera, which means she will face off with her labelmate and rumored lover Drake. The "Check It Out" hitmaker has teamed up with bosses at Casio America to promote the Casio Tryx, which she will help to launch with a special performance in New York in April.
"Casio sure knows how to design a camera," Minaj says in a statement. "I'm excited to be part of the Tryx Out: NYC 2011 launch party and look forward to working together with Casio to make sure this camera gets the party it deserves! With a Tryx in my hand, there's no doubt that I'll be able to take incredible images and video on tour and beyond."
Hip-hop group The Roots will also perform at the event.
Minaj's Young Money Records pal Drake joined Rihanna, rapper Pitbull and singer Trey Songz to front Kodak's So Kodak campaign in 2010.
More Nicki Minaj News
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl