Nicki Minaj to Promote Casio Tryx
Rap sensation Nicki Minaj has been unveiled as the new spokesmodel for the latest Casio camera, which means she will face off with her labelmate and rumored lover Drake. The "Check It Out" hitmaker has teamed up with bosses at Casio America to promote the Casio Tryx, which she will help to launch with a special performance in New York in April.
"Casio sure knows how to design a camera," Minaj says in a statement. "I'm excited to be part of the Tryx Out: NYC 2011 launch party and look forward to working together with Casio to make sure this camera gets the party it deserves! With a Tryx in my hand, there's no doubt that I'll be able to take incredible images and video on tour and beyond."
Hip-hop group The Roots will also perform at the event.
Minaj's Young Money Records pal Drake joined Rihanna, rapper Pitbull and singer Trey Songz to front Kodak's So Kodak campaign in 2010.
More Nicki Minaj News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding