Katy Perry Lines Up to Help Japan Tsunami Survivors
Katy Perry has joined the stars attempting to raise cash for Japanese earthquake and tsunami relief by offering all the cash from sales of light wands at her concerts to the Red Cross. The wands have become must-have merchandise items for fans, who buy them to wave during her hit song "Firework", and Perry is now urging devotees to buy them for the survivors of last week's disaster in Japan.
"If u go by the merchandise stand, purchase a KP light up wand ALL proceeds will go 2 to #JAPANREDCROSS, and when I play...FIREWORK let's ignite the light for them tonight," the singer wrote in a tweet to fans attending her show in Hamburg, Germany on Monday, March 14. "I will be doing this for future shows so be ready!!!"
More Katy Perry News
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son