Bryan Adams Confirms Baby Rumor
Rocker-turned-photographer Bryan Adams has thanked fans for their well wishes after confirming reports he's set to become a first-time father. The "Summer of '69" hitmaker and his longtime girlfriend and personal assistant Alicia Grimaldi are expecting a child in May.
British newspaper The Sunday Telegraph broke the news on March 13 and now the singer has expressed his delight at starting a family. Adams first confirmed the news via his Twitter page, on which he posted a link to rumors about his impending fatherhood. The report featured a quote by an "unnamed friend and neighbor" of the star, prompting him to quip, "this article is sort of correct [except for the 'friend' bit]."
And Adams, 51, reveals the pair grew close after they set up his charitable organization The Bryan Adams Foundation in 2006. He tells ET Canada, "Alicia Grimaldi and I are expecting a baby. She helped me start my foundation years ago and it looks like she'll be running the family now! Thanks for your support and kind messages, we appreciate it greatly."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences