Bryan Adams Confirms Baby Rumor
Rocker-turned-photographer Bryan Adams has thanked fans for their well wishes after confirming reports he's set to become a first-time father. The "Summer of '69" hitmaker and his longtime girlfriend and personal assistant Alicia Grimaldi are expecting a child in May.
British newspaper The Sunday Telegraph broke the news on March 13 and now the singer has expressed his delight at starting a family. Adams first confirmed the news via his Twitter page, on which he posted a link to rumors about his impending fatherhood. The report featured a quote by an "unnamed friend and neighbor" of the star, prompting him to quip, "this article is sort of correct [except for the 'friend' bit]."
And Adams, 51, reveals the pair grew close after they set up his charitable organization The Bryan Adams Foundation in 2006. He tells ET Canada, "Alicia Grimaldi and I are expecting a baby. She helped me start my foundation years ago and it looks like she'll be running the family now! Thanks for your support and kind messages, we appreciate it greatly."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie