Michelle Rodriguez Joined Marine Boot Camp for 'Battle: Los Angeles'
Michelle Rodriguez showed she's one of the boys while preparing for new movie "Battle: Los Angeles", she joined her co-stars for training at a tough Marine boot camp. The actress plays a female soldier in the alien invasion movie, and she was so determined to match her male counterparts, she happily underwent physically demanding workouts with the cast at a military training center.
"I am just as capable as any man," she tells Britain's Live magazine. "I always give 150 per cent in the training. At the Marines boot camp in Louisiana for 'Battle: Los Angeles', I was happy to compete with the boys. I could definitely do everything they did."
"I wasn't on my knees when we were training. I didn't do 'girl push-ups'. We woke up at five in the morning and started with sit-ups and push-ups, a 30-minute hardcore workout, then we did a two-mile run. Then we put on 30lb of gear and ran around in the boiling hot sun."
"We shot guns all day, infiltrating buildings, taking apart weapons and putting them back together, unloading 20 magazines a day, shooting massive 0.50-caliber weapons off a tank. I fight like the guys."
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'