Michelle Rodriguez Joined Marine Boot Camp for 'Battle: Los Angeles'
Michelle Rodriguez showed she's one of the boys while preparing for new movie "Battle: Los Angeles", she joined her co-stars for training at a tough Marine boot camp. The actress plays a female soldier in the alien invasion movie, and she was so determined to match her male counterparts, she happily underwent physically demanding workouts with the cast at a military training center.
"I am just as capable as any man," she tells Britain's Live magazine. "I always give 150 per cent in the training. At the Marines boot camp in Louisiana for 'Battle: Los Angeles', I was happy to compete with the boys. I could definitely do everything they did."
"I wasn't on my knees when we were training. I didn't do 'girl push-ups'. We woke up at five in the morning and started with sit-ups and push-ups, a 30-minute hardcore workout, then we did a two-mile run. Then we put on 30lb of gear and ran around in the boiling hot sun."
"We shot guns all day, infiltrating buildings, taking apart weapons and putting them back together, unloading 20 magazines a day, shooting massive 0.50-caliber weapons off a tank. I fight like the guys."
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart