Ne-Yo Fires Back at Beyonce Over 'Irreplaceable' Comments
R&B singer Ne-Yo has hit back at allegations he "dissed" Beyonce Knowles over her recording of his track "Irreplaceable", insisting his recent comments were not intended to cause offense.
The "So Sick" hitmaker originally wrote the song for himself, but later handed the track to Beyonce and he admitted in a recent interview that he wishes he could have recorded it himself. He said, "One song that I gave away and didn't want to is Beyonce's 'Irreplaceable'. I honestly wrote that song for myself... However, a man singing it comes across a little bit misogynistic, a little bit mean."
Ne-Yo has now been forced to explain his remarks after fans accused him of criticizing the "Crazy in Love" hitmaker. In a series of posts on his Twitter page he writes, "Just heard the audio where I supposedly dissed Beyonce. Are y'all serious!?! Did y'all even listen to what I said!?!"
"I said I originally wrote the song for me. That's true, so of course I didn't want to give it away originally. It was for me. Once I realized how the song comes across if sang by a guy, that's when I decided to give it away. How is that dissing Beyonce!?! She took the song and made it a smash, nobody can deny that."
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation