John Stamos Insists He Won't Replace Charlie Sheen in 'Two and a Half Men'
John Stamos is adamant he won't be replacing Charlie Sheen in hit sitcom "Two and a Half Men", and he's urged the troubled actor to go back to the show. Sheen was fired from his role in the program on March 7 after months of bizarre antics and a public feud with his TV bosses. He is now suing them for terminating his contract.
Stamos was one of the actors tipped to take over in the show, and the suggestion sparked an outburst and a subsequent apology from Sheen, who backtracked after saying, "I like John but he don't have what I have and the show sucks if he's on it."
The former "ER" star has now spoken out to assure fans he won't be joining the cast of "Two and a Half Men" and he's made a public plea to Sheen to get his former job back. He tells U.S. radio host Ryan Seacrest, "It's really not part of my career plan right now."
"I'm just on a different trajectory. Charlie's great on that show and people love Charlie. I hope it works out and I hope he goes back and I hope people get the show they love... I don't want to replace anyone, especially Charlie Sheen."
Alec Baldwin has also urged Sheen to "sober up" and "beg" TV executives to reinstate him.
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'