Slash Cancels Japan Concert
Slash has been forced to axe three gigs in Japan after the country was crippled by a devastating tsunami on Friday, March 11. The former Guns N' Roses guitarist was due to play shows in Tokyo and Yokohama this week but has announced the concerts have been postponed in the aftermath of the disaster.
"It's logistically not possible for us to do the Tokyo & Yokohama shows as scheduled," the rocker writes in a post on his Twitter page. "We will try to reschedule them asap."
The canceled concerts were due to take place at Tokyo's Studio Coast venue on Wednesday and Thursday, March 16-17, and at Bay Hall in Yokohama on Friday, March 18.
More than 10,000 people are feared to be dead after a massive tsunami engulfed Japan's east coast following a 9.0-magnitude earthquake in the region on Friday.
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'