Slash Cancels Japan Concert
Slash has been forced to axe three gigs in Japan after the country was crippled by a devastating tsunami on Friday, March 11. The former Guns N' Roses guitarist was due to play shows in Tokyo and Yokohama this week but has announced the concerts have been postponed in the aftermath of the disaster.
"It's logistically not possible for us to do the Tokyo & Yokohama shows as scheduled," the rocker writes in a post on his Twitter page. "We will try to reschedule them asap."
The canceled concerts were due to take place at Tokyo's Studio Coast venue on Wednesday and Thursday, March 16-17, and at Bay Hall in Yokohama on Friday, March 18.
More than 10,000 people are feared to be dead after a massive tsunami engulfed Japan's east coast following a 9.0-magnitude earthquake in the region on Friday.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival