Rep: Felicia Pearson Targeted by Police Due to Criminal Past
Actress Felicia Pearson was targeted by cops last week because of her criminal past and the drug-dealing character she played on TV hit "The Wire", according to her representative. The star, who played dealer and assassin Snoop in the TV series, was arrested along with 37 other suspects during a raid by police in Baltimore, Maryland on an alleged drugs ring on Thursday, March 10.
Pearson, who was jailed for more than six years for killing a woman when she was just 14, is being held without bail on charges of conspiring to sell heroin, in addition to counts of aiding and abetting. "The Wire" creator David Simon spoke out in her defense last week insisting her tough background is to blame for her legal woes. And Pearson's rep also claims the star's troubled upbringing and notoriety led to her being targeted by police.
The rep says, "Felicia Pearson has the right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty. In Felicia's case, she feels that she is being targeted not only because of her portrayal of the memorable character Snoop On HBO's critically acclaimed series The Wire but also because of where she is from in Baltimore."
"Felicia has overcome numerous hardships in her lifetime. She does not expect these hardships to be used as an excuse for illegal activities. She has never stopped working on self improvement. Felicia has made strong statements against drugs and violence of any kind. She is focused on living a positive lifestyle encouraging youth and formerly incarcerated women to make positive choices for themselves. Felicia... wants her friends and fans to know that she is keeping her head up, shoulders back and that she is prepared to fight these new charges against her."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal