Debbie Harry 'Thrilled' Over Andy Warhol's Portrait Request
Rocker Debbie Harry cherishes her portrait by iconic artist Andy Warhol because she was "thrilled" to be among his celebrity subjects. The Blondie frontwoman posed for Warhol in his New York studio, The Factory, and she admits being in his company was an overwhelming experience.
"I was thrilled when he wanted to do a portrait of me," she tells Scotland's Sunday Mail. "It put me in good company with tins of Campbell's Soup, Elizabeth Taylor and Liza Minnelli. I went to The Factory where he had a team of people working on his art pieces. It was like a school of painters, all these amazing pictures spread out over the floor."
"Andy shot Polaroids of me for hours then chose the one he liked best. I've got a copy of my finished portrait. It's very precious to me and a great keepsake."
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says