Debbie Harry 'Thrilled' Over Andy Warhol's Portrait Request
Rocker Debbie Harry cherishes her portrait by iconic artist Andy Warhol because she was "thrilled" to be among his celebrity subjects. The Blondie frontwoman posed for Warhol in his New York studio, The Factory, and she admits being in his company was an overwhelming experience.
"I was thrilled when he wanted to do a portrait of me," she tells Scotland's Sunday Mail. "It put me in good company with tins of Campbell's Soup, Elizabeth Taylor and Liza Minnelli. I went to The Factory where he had a team of people working on his art pieces. It was like a school of painters, all these amazing pictures spread out over the floor."
"Andy shot Polaroids of me for hours then chose the one he liked best. I've got a copy of my finished portrait. It's very precious to me and a great keepsake."
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs