Debbie Harry 'Thrilled' Over Andy Warhol's Portrait Request
Rocker Debbie Harry cherishes her portrait by iconic artist Andy Warhol because she was "thrilled" to be among his celebrity subjects. The Blondie frontwoman posed for Warhol in his New York studio, The Factory, and she admits being in his company was an overwhelming experience.
"I was thrilled when he wanted to do a portrait of me," she tells Scotland's Sunday Mail. "It put me in good company with tins of Campbell's Soup, Elizabeth Taylor and Liza Minnelli. I went to The Factory where he had a team of people working on his art pieces. It was like a school of painters, all these amazing pictures spread out over the floor."
"Andy shot Polaroids of me for hours then chose the one he liked best. I've got a copy of my finished portrait. It's very precious to me and a great keepsake."
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease