Debbie Harry 'Thrilled' Over Andy Warhol's Portrait Request
Rocker Debbie Harry cherishes her portrait by iconic artist Andy Warhol because she was "thrilled" to be among his celebrity subjects. The Blondie frontwoman posed for Warhol in his New York studio, The Factory, and she admits being in his company was an overwhelming experience.
"I was thrilled when he wanted to do a portrait of me," she tells Scotland's Sunday Mail. "It put me in good company with tins of Campbell's Soup, Elizabeth Taylor and Liza Minnelli. I went to The Factory where he had a team of people working on his art pieces. It was like a school of painters, all these amazing pictures spread out over the floor."
"Andy shot Polaroids of me for hours then chose the one he liked best. I've got a copy of my finished portrait. It's very precious to me and a great keepsake."
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story