Rise of Basketball Ticket Prices Tests Woody Allen and Spike Lee's Loyalty
Directors Woody Allen and Spike Lee's dedication to their beloved New York Knicks basketball team will cost them dear next season in 2011-2012, ticket prices at home venue Madison Square Garden are on the rise.
The filmmakers are regularly seen sitting courtside at the fabled Garden, cheering on their favorite NBA team at their home games. But their loyalty will be tested later in 2011 when the cost of their season tickets jump up 20 percent, from $3,000 each to $3,600. Allen holds four season tickets to seats at the center of the action.
Building bosses claim the new pricing system is the result of the $850 million renovation currently taking place, and not directly related to the improved performance of the Knicks following the recent acquisition of star players Amar'e Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony.
Other celebrities occasionally spotted at the Knicks' home games include actress Chloe Sevigny and rap superstar Jay-Z, who ironically is part-owner of rival team the New Jersey Nets.
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment