Joe Morello Passed Away at the Age of 82
Celebrated jazz musician and longtime drummer of the The Dave Brubeck Quartet, Joe Morello, has died at the age of 82. The star passed away on Saturday, March 12, at his home in New Jersey. A cause of death has yet to be revealed.
Morello began his career in New York in the early 1950s, playing with a variety of artists, including pianist Marian McPartland.
He teamed up with Dave Brubeck, saxophonist Paul Desmond and bassist Eugene Wright in 1956 and the band performed and recorded together for more than 12 years. Among their classics include "Take Five" and "Blue Rondo a la Turk".
Morello was born in Springfield, on July 17, 1928. New York Times reported that the drummer took up the violin at 6, but then gave up for drums at 15.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media