Joe Morello Passed Away at the Age of 82
Celebrated jazz musician and longtime drummer of the The Dave Brubeck Quartet, Joe Morello, has died at the age of 82. The star passed away on Saturday, March 12, at his home in New Jersey. A cause of death has yet to be revealed.
Morello began his career in New York in the early 1950s, playing with a variety of artists, including pianist Marian McPartland.
He teamed up with Dave Brubeck, saxophonist Paul Desmond and bassist Eugene Wright in 1956 and the band performed and recorded together for more than 12 years. Among their classics include "Take Five" and "Blue Rondo a la Turk".
Morello was born in Springfield, on July 17, 1928. New York Times reported that the drummer took up the violin at 6, but then gave up for drums at 15.
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert