Joe Morello Passed Away at the Age of 82
Celebrated jazz musician and longtime drummer of the The Dave Brubeck Quartet, Joe Morello, has died at the age of 82. The star passed away on Saturday, March 12, at his home in New Jersey. A cause of death has yet to be revealed.
Morello began his career in New York in the early 1950s, playing with a variety of artists, including pianist Marian McPartland.
He teamed up with Dave Brubeck, saxophonist Paul Desmond and bassist Eugene Wright in 1956 and the band performed and recorded together for more than 12 years. Among their classics include "Take Five" and "Blue Rondo a la Turk".
Morello was born in Springfield, on July 17, 1928. New York Times reported that the drummer took up the violin at 6, but then gave up for drums at 15.
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless in New Sultry Selfie
- Report: Emma Watson Getting Married in Big Sur This Summer
- See Hilarious Horror-Themed Memes of Trump's Awkward Photo With Pope Francis
- New Beau? Mischa Barton Caught Getting Handsy With Mystery Man in Cannes
- HBO Renews 'Veep' and 'Silicon Valley' for 2017-2018 Seasons