Joe Morello Passed Away at the Age of 82
Celebrated jazz musician and longtime drummer of the The Dave Brubeck Quartet, Joe Morello, has died at the age of 82. The star passed away on Saturday, March 12, at his home in New Jersey. A cause of death has yet to be revealed.
Morello began his career in New York in the early 1950s, playing with a variety of artists, including pianist Marian McPartland.
He teamed up with Dave Brubeck, saxophonist Paul Desmond and bassist Eugene Wright in 1956 and the band performed and recorded together for more than 12 years. Among their classics include "Take Five" and "Blue Rondo a la Turk".
Morello was born in Springfield, on July 17, 1928. New York Times reported that the drummer took up the violin at 6, but then gave up for drums at 15.
- BET Awards 2016: Drake and Future Among First Winners
- BET Awards 2016: See Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Karrueche Tran's Showstopping Styles on Red Carpet
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die