Joe Morello Passed Away at the Age of 82
Celebrated jazz musician and longtime drummer of the The Dave Brubeck Quartet, Joe Morello, has died at the age of 82. The star passed away on Saturday, March 12, at his home in New Jersey. A cause of death has yet to be revealed.
Morello began his career in New York in the early 1950s, playing with a variety of artists, including pianist Marian McPartland.
He teamed up with Dave Brubeck, saxophonist Paul Desmond and bassist Eugene Wright in 1956 and the band performed and recorded together for more than 12 years. Among their classics include "Take Five" and "Blue Rondo a la Turk".
Morello was born in Springfield, on July 17, 1928. New York Times reported that the drummer took up the violin at 6, but then gave up for drums at 15.
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch
- The Internet Mocks Donald Trump for Sniffling and Drinking a Lot During Presidential Debate
- Listen to DNCE's New Single 'Body Moves'
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months