Pregnant Jewel Kilcher Claims Car Saved Her Life
Pregnant singer Jewel Kilcher has assured fans she's recovering well following her car accident on Friday morning, March 11, insisting she feels "blessed" to have avoided serious injury. A volunteer fire truck smashed into the side of the star's vehicle in Stephenville, Texas and she was taken to a local hospital as a precaution.
Jewel reveals she was "a little sore and banged up" following the incident and is just grateful her sturdy car saved her from anything worse. In a series of posts on her Twitter page, she writes, "Hey everyone, just got released from the ER & my Dr's office, everything is fine, me and the baby are OK, thanks for all your thoughts and prayers."
"Dr said no working out, so I'm going to take it easy this weekend. Just a little sore and banged up, but feeling so blessed this morning."
"1 thing I do know is my car saved my and baby's life, definitely going 2 get another Cadillac SRX! It absorbed all the damage and kept me safe!"
Jewel is expecting her first child with husband Ty Murray later in 2011.
- Prince's Rep Addresses Jay-Z's Rumored $40 Million Offer for His Unreleased Music
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Showrunner Bryan Fuller Departs the TV Series
- Kevin Hart Eyed to Play Santa Clause in Disney's 'Dashing Through the Snow'
- Kesha Previews 4 New Songs, Hopes to Release New Album 'Early Next Year'
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video