Pregnant Jewel Kilcher Claims Car Saved Her Life
Pregnant singer Jewel Kilcher has assured fans she's recovering well following her car accident on Friday morning, March 11, insisting she feels "blessed" to have avoided serious injury. A volunteer fire truck smashed into the side of the star's vehicle in Stephenville, Texas and she was taken to a local hospital as a precaution.
Jewel reveals she was "a little sore and banged up" following the incident and is just grateful her sturdy car saved her from anything worse. In a series of posts on her Twitter page, she writes, "Hey everyone, just got released from the ER & my Dr's office, everything is fine, me and the baby are OK, thanks for all your thoughts and prayers."
"Dr said no working out, so I'm going to take it easy this weekend. Just a little sore and banged up, but feeling so blessed this morning."
"1 thing I do know is my car saved my and baby's life, definitely going 2 get another Cadillac SRX! It absorbed all the damage and kept me safe!"
Jewel is expecting her first child with husband Ty Murray later in 2011.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy