Pregnant Jewel Kilcher Claims Car Saved Her Life
Pregnant singer Jewel Kilcher has assured fans she's recovering well following her car accident on Friday morning, March 11, insisting she feels "blessed" to have avoided serious injury. A volunteer fire truck smashed into the side of the star's vehicle in Stephenville, Texas and she was taken to a local hospital as a precaution.
Jewel reveals she was "a little sore and banged up" following the incident and is just grateful her sturdy car saved her from anything worse. In a series of posts on her Twitter page, she writes, "Hey everyone, just got released from the ER & my Dr's office, everything is fine, me and the baby are OK, thanks for all your thoughts and prayers."
"Dr said no working out, so I'm going to take it easy this weekend. Just a little sore and banged up, but feeling so blessed this morning."
"1 thing I do know is my car saved my and baby's life, definitely going 2 get another Cadillac SRX! It absorbed all the damage and kept me safe!"
Jewel is expecting her first child with husband Ty Murray later in 2011.
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist