Richard Hatch Sent Back to Jail for Evading Tax
Troubled U.S. reality TV star Richard Hatch has been sentenced to a further nine months in prison after violating the terms of his probation for tax evasion. Hatch was convicted in 2006 of failing to pay taxes on the $1 million prize he won after appearing on the first season of America's "Survivor".
He walked free from a Massachusetts prison in October 2009, after completing a three-year federal sentence for the crime, and was ordered to refile and pay the owed fees on show winnings and other income. But Hatch did not refile his 2000 and 2001 tax returns - prompting Rhode Island's U.S. District Court Judge William Smith to send him back behind bars on Friday, March 11.
Judge Smith ordered Hatch to report to authorities on Monday to begin his sentence. He will also serve 26 months on supervised probation following his release. The embattled star owes an estimated $2 million to the Internal Revenue service, including interest and penalties.
Hatch is currently appearing on another reality TV show - Donald Trump's pre-taped "The Celebrity Apprentice" - which began airing in the U.S. earlier this month.
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor