Gloria Estefan Appeals for Prom Dresses to Public
Gloria Estefan is urging girls across America to donate their unwanted ball gowns to help disadvantaged youngsters dress up for their high school prom. The singer's daughter Emily runs a charitable Key Club group at her school in Florida and she has organized a scheme to collect unwanted frocks and distribute them to teenagers who can't afford to buy prom dresses. Estefan is backing Emily's appeal and is urging the public to help.
In a message posted on Cocoperez.com, she writes, "I seldom like to ask for donations or things like that but since this is to help Emily's Key Club help others then I shall ask. The Miami Country Day High School Key Club (Emily is the chairperson of the club project) is requesting prom dresses or dresses that could be worn at a high school prom to be donated so they can distribute them to high school girls in underprivileged schools that do not have the money to buy their own prom dresses. Proms are usually held for 11th and 12th graders so they must be between 15 and 19 year old girls of all different sizes."
She adds, "If you have a dress you can donate, please send the dresses to Estefan Enterprises, Inc. 420 Jefferson Avenue, Miami Beach, Fla. 33139 and we will send it to the school. Thank you so much!!"
- Corey Gamble Reportedly Cheats on Kris Jenner With Kourtney Kardashian - Is It True?
- She's Scarily Skinny! Janice Dickinson Looks Thinner Amid Health Crisis
- Drake Blocks Ariana Grande and Blake Shelton From Billboard 200's No. 1
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch
- Jeff Bridges Joins 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
- Demi Lovato Mourning Her Great-Grandma's Death. Read Her Touching Tribute
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Party in Las Vegas, Talk About Wedding Plans