Gloria Estefan Appeals for Prom Dresses to Public
Gloria Estefan is urging girls across America to donate their unwanted ball gowns to help disadvantaged youngsters dress up for their high school prom. The singer's daughter Emily runs a charitable Key Club group at her school in Florida and she has organized a scheme to collect unwanted frocks and distribute them to teenagers who can't afford to buy prom dresses. Estefan is backing Emily's appeal and is urging the public to help.
In a message posted on Cocoperez.com, she writes, "I seldom like to ask for donations or things like that but since this is to help Emily's Key Club help others then I shall ask. The Miami Country Day High School Key Club (Emily is the chairperson of the club project) is requesting prom dresses or dresses that could be worn at a high school prom to be donated so they can distribute them to high school girls in underprivileged schools that do not have the money to buy their own prom dresses. Proms are usually held for 11th and 12th graders so they must be between 15 and 19 year old girls of all different sizes."
She adds, "If you have a dress you can donate, please send the dresses to Estefan Enterprises, Inc. 420 Jefferson Avenue, Miami Beach, Fla. 33139 and we will send it to the school. Thank you so much!!"
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie