Gloria Estefan Appeals for Prom Dresses to Public
Gloria Estefan is urging girls across America to donate their unwanted ball gowns to help disadvantaged youngsters dress up for their high school prom. The singer's daughter Emily runs a charitable Key Club group at her school in Florida and she has organized a scheme to collect unwanted frocks and distribute them to teenagers who can't afford to buy prom dresses. Estefan is backing Emily's appeal and is urging the public to help.
In a message posted on Cocoperez.com, she writes, "I seldom like to ask for donations or things like that but since this is to help Emily's Key Club help others then I shall ask. The Miami Country Day High School Key Club (Emily is the chairperson of the club project) is requesting prom dresses or dresses that could be worn at a high school prom to be donated so they can distribute them to high school girls in underprivileged schools that do not have the money to buy their own prom dresses. Proms are usually held for 11th and 12th graders so they must be between 15 and 19 year old girls of all different sizes."
She adds, "If you have a dress you can donate, please send the dresses to Estefan Enterprises, Inc. 420 Jefferson Avenue, Miami Beach, Fla. 33139 and we will send it to the school. Thank you so much!!"
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation