'The Wire' Star Felicia Pearson Denied Bail
"The Wire" actress Felicia Pearson has been denied bail following her drug bust on Thursday. March 10. The star, who played narcotics dealer Snoop in the hit TV series, was arrested along with 37 other suspects during a raid by police in Baltimore, Maryland on an alleged drug ring.
During a hearing on Friday, March 11, a Baltimore Circuit Court judge ordered she be held without bail on charges of conspiring to sell heroin, in addition to counts of aiding and abetting. Pearson is one of 22 suspects facing state charges following the raid.
The news comes hours after "The Wire" creator David Simon spoke out in defense of the former castmember, insisting her tough background was to blame for her legal woes.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal