'The Wire' Star Felicia Pearson Denied Bail
"The Wire" actress Felicia Pearson has been denied bail following her drug bust on Thursday. March 10. The star, who played narcotics dealer Snoop in the hit TV series, was arrested along with 37 other suspects during a raid by police in Baltimore, Maryland on an alleged drug ring.
During a hearing on Friday, March 11, a Baltimore Circuit Court judge ordered she be held without bail on charges of conspiring to sell heroin, in addition to counts of aiding and abetting. Pearson is one of 22 suspects facing state charges following the raid.
The news comes hours after "The Wire" creator David Simon spoke out in defense of the former castmember, insisting her tough background was to blame for her legal woes.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie