'The Wire' Star Felicia Pearson Denied Bail
"The Wire" actress Felicia Pearson has been denied bail following her drug bust on Thursday. March 10. The star, who played narcotics dealer Snoop in the hit TV series, was arrested along with 37 other suspects during a raid by police in Baltimore, Maryland on an alleged drug ring.
During a hearing on Friday, March 11, a Baltimore Circuit Court judge ordered she be held without bail on charges of conspiring to sell heroin, in addition to counts of aiding and abetting. Pearson is one of 22 suspects facing state charges following the raid.
The news comes hours after "The Wire" creator David Simon spoke out in defense of the former castmember, insisting her tough background was to blame for her legal woes.
- Kobe Bryant and Wife Vanessa Welcome Baby No. 3
- John Cena Enters Battlefield in Intense Trailer for Doug Liman's 'The Wall'
- Gigi Hadid Blames Meds for Skinnier Figure, Announces Social Media Break Over the Holidays
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Major Sideboob and Butt While Celebrating Birthday With Meek Mill
- 'La La Land' and 'Arrival' Among AFI's Top Ten Movies of 2016
- Donald Trump Is Still Involved in 'The Apprentice' After All
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson