Katharine Ross Wins Restraining Order Against Daughter
Actress Katharine Ross has won a restraining order against her daughter over allegations the 26-year-old stabbed her with a pair of scissors during a violent incident at the family home. The star of "The Graduate" filed papers at Los Angeles County Superior Court on March 5, requesting protection from Cleo, her only child with actor husband Sam Elliott.
In the legal documents, Ross alleges Cleo has been physically violent and verbally abusive since she was 12 or 13 years old and she "suddenly lost her temper" at the family home in Malibu, California on March 2, according to TMZ.
Ross claims Cleo "began to threaten me. She said, 'I want to kill you,' " and when she went to call the police, she alleges Cleo cut the phone line with a pair of scissors and then "jabbed" her in the arm at least six times.
The restraining order was granted and a judge ordered Cleo to move out of the family home and stay at least 100 yards away from her mother. The case will go back to court on March 30.
- Colton Haynes and Fiance Jeff Leatham Get Engaged Again. See Their Matching Rings
- The Weeknd Teams Up With Drake to Perform 'Crew Love' at Toronto Show for the First Time in 3 Years
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Are House-Hunting in Norfolk
- Emmy Rossum and 'Mr. Robot' Creator Sam Esmail Tie the Knot in Intimate Ceremony. See the Pics!
- Caitlyn Jenner Says She's Never 'Entirely Comfortable' Having Sex With Kris
- 'Logan Lucky' First Trailer: Channing Tatum, Daniel Craig and Adam Driver Plan a Heist
- Sofia Richie Shuts Down Scott Disick Dating Rumors: We Are Just 'Homies'
- Pictures of Pippa Middleton and James Matthews' Tropical Honeymoon Surface