Melanie Brown Caught Up in Tsunami Terror, Celebs Send Prayers for Japan
Former Spice Girls star Melanie Brown is terrified she will be caught up in a tsunami horror following Friday, March 11's earthquake in Japan. The singer and her husband Stephen Belafonte are currently on a trip around the Far East and traveled to Malaysia from Singapore earlier this week.
She took to her Twitter blog soon after the 8.9-magnitude tremor hit Japan on Friday - but her concerns turned to terror when a tsunami warning was issued for more than 20 countries and islands, including Malaysia.
In a series of posts, Brown writes, "My thoughts and prayers are with everyone in Japan I can not believe what just happened. Malaysia and Singapore are on tsunami warnings, and Malaysia is where we are right now praying we are all safe! Thank God (my husband) has come to get me in the car, Malaysia is on alert, pray this is just a warning and nothing bad is gonna happen."
Several other stars also logged on to Twitter to send their thoughts to victims of the earthquake as the disaster unfolded on live TV. Brown's former bandmate Emma Bunton appeared not to know of her pal's predicament, writing: "Thinking of everyone in Japan, my prayers are with you all."
Black Eyed Peas rapper will.i.am writes, "I'm worried about my friends... all my friends I care about. I can't reach any of them in Japan."
American Boy hitmaker Estelle adds, "Prayers for Japan. All mu (my) West Coast mates now would be good to visit fam (family) in midwest or east coast!" And former Sugababes singer Keisha Buchanan 'Tweeted', "Just hearin about Japan. Sad news. Let's make sure we all pray 4 the victim's families & every1 (sic) out there at the moment. I'm about 2 do so now."
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding