Ashlee Simpson Seeks Comfort From Pete Wentz's Friend
Singer Ashlee Simpson has turned to D.R.U.G.S. rocker Craig Owens for comfort, after filing for divorce from estranged husband Pete Wentz. Simpson and the rocker were seen together at an Los Angeles shopping mall, sparking rumors of a budding romance. But a close friend of the star has shot down the reports.
"Craig is a longtime friend and was comforting Ashlee during this difficult time," the source tells People Magazine. "She's not moving on. There's no race for a new relationship. They're friends."
Ironically Owens is signed to Pete Wentz's label, Decaydance Records.
Ashlee and Pete have decided to break up in February. In a joint statement, the then couple said, "After careful consideration, we have made the difficult decision to file for divorce. We remain friends and deeply committed and loving parents to our son Bronx, whose happiness and well-being remains our No. 1 priority."
- Lindsay Lohan Is Facing Bankruptcy After Failing to Pay Rent on $4.2M London Flat
- Kanye West Shares Emotional Throwback Video of Kim Kardashian on Her 36th Birthday
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'