Madonna Refuses to Issue Statement on Grandmother's Death
Madonna is in mourning following the death of her beloved grandmother on Thursday, March 10. The pop legend's maternal grandmother Elsie Mae Fortin passed away at a care home in Bay City, Michigan - just three months shy of her 100th birthday.
Fortin helped raise the singer after Madonna's own mum lost her battle with breast cancer in 1963. The star, who will fly to Michigan on Friday for Fortin's funeral, has refrained from commenting on the tragedy.
A statement from Madonna's publicist Liz Rosenberg reads, "I'm sorry, but Madonna will not be issuing any statements or conversing with the media regarding her grandmother. It is a totally personal matter to her."
It is believed a funeral will be held for Elsie this Saturday at a nearby Catholic church in the Bay City area.
More Madonna News
- Fifth Harmony Heats Up the 'DWTS' Stage With Sexy 'All in My Head' Performance
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace's Murder Trial Begins, His Chilling Line Before the Shooting Is Revealed
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: 'Civil War' and 'Batman v Superman' Dominate Movie Nomination
- 'The Voice' Crowns the Winner, Cee-Lo Green Returns in Star-Studded Finale
- Check Out Christina Aguilera's Powerful Duet With Ariana Grande on 'The Voice'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Who Wins the Mirror Ball Trophy?
- Niall Horan Blasts 'Abusive' Fans Who Keep Him 'Awake at Night'
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer: Meet the Younger Version of Dory