Madonna Refuses to Issue Statement on Grandmother's Death
Madonna is in mourning following the death of her beloved grandmother on Thursday, March 10. The pop legend's maternal grandmother Elsie Mae Fortin passed away at a care home in Bay City, Michigan - just three months shy of her 100th birthday.
Fortin helped raise the singer after Madonna's own mum lost her battle with breast cancer in 1963. The star, who will fly to Michigan on Friday for Fortin's funeral, has refrained from commenting on the tragedy.
A statement from Madonna's publicist Liz Rosenberg reads, "I'm sorry, but Madonna will not be issuing any statements or conversing with the media regarding her grandmother. It is a totally personal matter to her."
It is believed a funeral will be held for Elsie this Saturday at a nearby Catholic church in the Bay City area.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group