Madonna Refuses to Issue Statement on Grandmother's Death
Madonna is in mourning following the death of her beloved grandmother on Thursday, March 10. The pop legend's maternal grandmother Elsie Mae Fortin passed away at a care home in Bay City, Michigan - just three months shy of her 100th birthday.
Fortin helped raise the singer after Madonna's own mum lost her battle with breast cancer in 1963. The star, who will fly to Michigan on Friday for Fortin's funeral, has refrained from commenting on the tragedy.
A statement from Madonna's publicist Liz Rosenberg reads, "I'm sorry, but Madonna will not be issuing any statements or conversing with the media regarding her grandmother. It is a totally personal matter to her."
It is believed a funeral will be held for Elsie this Saturday at a nearby Catholic church in the Bay City area.
More Madonna News
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart