Madonna Refuses to Issue Statement on Grandmother's Death
Madonna is in mourning following the death of her beloved grandmother on Thursday, March 10. The pop legend's maternal grandmother Elsie Mae Fortin passed away at a care home in Bay City, Michigan - just three months shy of her 100th birthday.
Fortin helped raise the singer after Madonna's own mum lost her battle with breast cancer in 1963. The star, who will fly to Michigan on Friday for Fortin's funeral, has refrained from commenting on the tragedy.
A statement from Madonna's publicist Liz Rosenberg reads, "I'm sorry, but Madonna will not be issuing any statements or conversing with the media regarding her grandmother. It is a totally personal matter to her."
It is believed a funeral will be held for Elsie this Saturday at a nearby Catholic church in the Bay City area.
- Lionel Messi Goes Platinum Blonde and Internet Just Can't Handle It
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?