Madonna Refuses to Issue Statement on Grandmother's Death
Madonna is in mourning following the death of her beloved grandmother on Thursday, March 10. The pop legend's maternal grandmother Elsie Mae Fortin passed away at a care home in Bay City, Michigan - just three months shy of her 100th birthday.
Fortin helped raise the singer after Madonna's own mum lost her battle with breast cancer in 1963. The star, who will fly to Michigan on Friday for Fortin's funeral, has refrained from commenting on the tragedy.
A statement from Madonna's publicist Liz Rosenberg reads, "I'm sorry, but Madonna will not be issuing any statements or conversing with the media regarding her grandmother. It is a totally personal matter to her."
It is believed a funeral will be held for Elsie this Saturday at a nearby Catholic church in the Bay City area.
More Madonna News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance