Chuck Lorre's Attorney Claims Charlie Sheen's Accusations 'Imaginary'
"Two and a Half Men" creator Chuck Lorre's lawyer has fired back at Charlie Sheen after the actor named his client in a $100 million lawsuit, calling the star's complaint "recklessly false and unwarranted".
Sheen began legal proceedings against Lorre and executives at Warner Bros. on Thursday, March 10, just three days after he was fired from the hit sitcom. In the suit, Sheen's lawyer Marty Singer claimed the series' cancellation in February was based on "Lorre's egotistical desire to punish Mr. Sheen".
Singer stated Lorre had decided to "take money away from the dedicated cast and crew of the popular television series, 'Two and a Half Men', in order to serve his own ego and self-interest, and make the star of the Series the scapegoat."
Now Lorre's representative, Howard Weitzman, is hitting back, accusing Sheen of trying to score a "lottery pay-day" by taking legal action. He tells TMZ, "The allegations in the complaint against Mr. Lorre are as recklessly false and unwarranted as Mr. Sheen's rantings in the media."
"These accusations are simply imaginary. This lawsuit is about a fantasy 'lottery' pay-day for Charlie Sheen. Chuck Lorre's concern has been and continues to be about Mr. Sheen's health."
As well as demanding the money he would have earned from the eight episodes producers axed, Sheen is also demanding that the TV executives pay the crew's full salary.
More Charlie Sheen News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding