Beanie Sigel Sued Over $50,000 in Shooting Lawsuit
Rapper Beanie Sigel is facing a lawsuit over a shooting at his 35th birthday party which allegedly left a reveler with serious injuries. The hip-hop star, real name Dwight Grant, hosted a bash at a nightclub in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania back in 2009 but the event descended into chaos when Tyheem Baker was allegedly shot in the chest as the rapper performed on stage.
He was hospitalized with fractured ribs and bullet fragments lodged in his lungs.
Baker is now suing Sigel over the alleged incident, he filed papers at the Court of Common Pleas in Philadelphia County, claiming the unknown individual who shot him should never have been allowed into the Club Solo venue with a gun.
The lawsuit alleges Baker was shot as a direct result of the "joint and concurrent negligent, reckless, intentional, willful (sic) and wanton conduct of the defendants," who also include nightclub bosses, media group Clear Channel and executives at local radio station, WUSL Power 99 FM. Baker is seeking $50,000 in damages as well as money for medical bills, according to Allhiphop Online.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal