Beanie Sigel Sued Over $50,000 in Shooting Lawsuit
Rapper Beanie Sigel is facing a lawsuit over a shooting at his 35th birthday party which allegedly left a reveler with serious injuries. The hip-hop star, real name Dwight Grant, hosted a bash at a nightclub in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania back in 2009 but the event descended into chaos when Tyheem Baker was allegedly shot in the chest as the rapper performed on stage.
He was hospitalized with fractured ribs and bullet fragments lodged in his lungs.
Baker is now suing Sigel over the alleged incident, he filed papers at the Court of Common Pleas in Philadelphia County, claiming the unknown individual who shot him should never have been allowed into the Club Solo venue with a gun.
The lawsuit alleges Baker was shot as a direct result of the "joint and concurrent negligent, reckless, intentional, willful (sic) and wanton conduct of the defendants," who also include nightclub bosses, media group Clear Channel and executives at local radio station, WUSL Power 99 FM. Baker is seeking $50,000 in damages as well as money for medical bills, according to Allhiphop Online.
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off