Drug Polices Arrest 'The Wire' Cast Felicia Pearson
"The Wire" star Felicia Pearson has been arrested after drug cops swooped on her home in a pre-dawn raid on Thursday, March 10. The actress, who played narcotics dealer Snoop on the hit TV series, was held on a state warrant by officials in Baltimore, Maryland along with more than 30 other suspects.
Pearson, who began with a small role on 'The Wire', received a tremendous audience response for her role on the TV series. Baltimore Sun reported that Stephen King described her character as "perhaps the most terrifying female villain to ever appear in a television series."
In an interview, Pat Moran, the casting director for the series, said about Pearson, "Snoop has total emotional recall. That's the ability to take something that happened in your own life and use it in a scene. It's not easy, and not everyone can do it. She tried very hard to achieve what we were aiming for in the scene. She didn't want to disappoint us."
The series of co-ordinated raids was aimed at busting an enormous heroin and marijuana ring, according to the Baltimore Sun.
- 'Westworld' Reveals Who the Man in Black Is, but There Are Bigger Twists
- Madonna Accused of Getting Butt Implants After Onstage Twerk With Ariana Grande
- Jonah Hill Involved in Serious Car Accident in L.A. - Is He Okay?
- The Weeknd Scores Second No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Starboy'
- 'American Honey' Is Triumphant at British Independent Film Awards
- Artist of the Week: Zay Hilfigerrr
- Gwen Stefani Fails to Cover Her Neck Hickey During an Outing With Her Kids
- Find Out When Kim Kardashian Will Return to Social Media