Drug Polices Arrest 'The Wire' Cast Felicia Pearson
"The Wire" star Felicia Pearson has been arrested after drug cops swooped on her home in a pre-dawn raid on Thursday, March 10. The actress, who played narcotics dealer Snoop on the hit TV series, was held on a state warrant by officials in Baltimore, Maryland along with more than 30 other suspects.
Pearson, who began with a small role on 'The Wire', received a tremendous audience response for her role on the TV series. Baltimore Sun reported that Stephen King described her character as "perhaps the most terrifying female villain to ever appear in a television series."
In an interview, Pat Moran, the casting director for the series, said about Pearson, "Snoop has total emotional recall. That's the ability to take something that happened in your own life and use it in a scene. It's not easy, and not everyone can do it. She tried very hard to achieve what we were aiming for in the scene. She didn't want to disappoint us."
The series of co-ordinated raids was aimed at busting an enormous heroin and marijuana ring, according to the Baltimore Sun.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal