Miley Cyrus Witnessed Deaf Kids Hear for the First Time
Teen superstar Miley Cyrus was humbled during a recent charity trip to Haiti after visiting children suffering from hearing disabilities. The singer/actress traveled to the city of Port-Au-Prince in late February with her mother, Tish, to see the relief efforts made by workers at her Get UR Good On organization, which she set up to encourage young people to get involved in philanthropy.
Volunteers have teamed up with aid workers at the Starkey Hearing Foundation to deliver hearing aids to survivors of the devastating earthquake which hit the region in January 2010, and Cyrus admits it was a real eye-opening experience to witness the progress first hand.
She tells People magazine, "It was an amazing experience to watch kids hear for the first time in their lives."
More Miley Cyrus News
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date