Miley Cyrus Witnessed Deaf Kids Hear for the First Time
Teen superstar Miley Cyrus was humbled during a recent charity trip to Haiti after visiting children suffering from hearing disabilities. The singer/actress traveled to the city of Port-Au-Prince in late February with her mother, Tish, to see the relief efforts made by workers at her Get UR Good On organization, which she set up to encourage young people to get involved in philanthropy.
Volunteers have teamed up with aid workers at the Starkey Hearing Foundation to deliver hearing aids to survivors of the devastating earthquake which hit the region in January 2010, and Cyrus admits it was a real eye-opening experience to witness the progress first hand.
She tells People magazine, "It was an amazing experience to watch kids hear for the first time in their lives."
More Miley Cyrus News
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says