Miley Cyrus Witnessed Deaf Kids Hear for the First Time
Teen superstar Miley Cyrus was humbled during a recent charity trip to Haiti after visiting children suffering from hearing disabilities. The singer/actress traveled to the city of Port-Au-Prince in late February with her mother, Tish, to see the relief efforts made by workers at her Get UR Good On organization, which she set up to encourage young people to get involved in philanthropy.
Volunteers have teamed up with aid workers at the Starkey Hearing Foundation to deliver hearing aids to survivors of the devastating earthquake which hit the region in January 2010, and Cyrus admits it was a real eye-opening experience to witness the progress first hand.
She tells People magazine, "It was an amazing experience to watch kids hear for the first time in their lives."
More Miley Cyrus News
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?