Miley Cyrus Witnessed Deaf Kids Hear for the First Time
Teen superstar Miley Cyrus was humbled during a recent charity trip to Haiti after visiting children suffering from hearing disabilities. The singer/actress traveled to the city of Port-Au-Prince in late February with her mother, Tish, to see the relief efforts made by workers at her Get UR Good On organization, which she set up to encourage young people to get involved in philanthropy.
Volunteers have teamed up with aid workers at the Starkey Hearing Foundation to deliver hearing aids to survivors of the devastating earthquake which hit the region in January 2010, and Cyrus admits it was a real eye-opening experience to witness the progress first hand.
She tells People magazine, "It was an amazing experience to watch kids hear for the first time in their lives."
More Miley Cyrus News
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son