Rob Lowe Won't Replace Charlie Sheen on 'Two and a Half Men'
The boss behind Rob Lowe's TV show "Parks and Recreation" is adamant the actor will not be released from his contract to replace Charlie Sheen in "Two and a Half Men". Sheen was sensationally fired from the hit sitcom on Monday, March 7, following a long-running war of words with TV executives and show creator Chuck Lorre.
He has since threatened to sue over his contract termination, while speculation has turned to whether the show will continue with another actor in the lead role. Lowe is rumored to have been approached about the job, but he is tied to his current project, "Parks and Recreation", in a "multi-year contract," according to the show's executive producer Michael Schur.
During a panel discussion at the PaleyFest TV conference in Los Angeles on Wednesday night, March 9, Schur was asked whether Lowe would be able to juggle his job on "Parks and Recreation" with a possible role in "Two and a Half Men", according to the Hollywood Reporter. He replied, "It's going to be hard...There's no truth [to the rumors].. The internet lit a match and set itself on fire."
- Bella Hadid Flashes Nipples and Panties in New Seductive Pic for Love Magazine
- Lindsay Lohan Really Wants to Play Ariel in 'The Little Mermaid'
- 'Veep': Selina Will Spread Democracy Like 'Patient Zero' in First Teaser for Season 6
- Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic Slammed by Fans for Blatant Inaccuracies
- Sofia Richie Flashes Nipples in Boob-Baring Outfit at London Fashion Week
- Chelsea Clinton Trolls President Trump on Twitter for His Baffling Sweden Comment
- 'Atlanta', 'Moonlight' and 'The Americans' Among Winners of 2017 Writers Guild Awards
- Artist of the Week: Chance The Rapper