Rob Lowe Won't Replace Charlie Sheen on 'Two and a Half Men'
The boss behind Rob Lowe's TV show "Parks and Recreation" is adamant the actor will not be released from his contract to replace Charlie Sheen in "Two and a Half Men". Sheen was sensationally fired from the hit sitcom on Monday, March 7, following a long-running war of words with TV executives and show creator Chuck Lorre.
He has since threatened to sue over his contract termination, while speculation has turned to whether the show will continue with another actor in the lead role. Lowe is rumored to have been approached about the job, but he is tied to his current project, "Parks and Recreation", in a "multi-year contract," according to the show's executive producer Michael Schur.
During a panel discussion at the PaleyFest TV conference in Los Angeles on Wednesday night, March 9, Schur was asked whether Lowe would be able to juggle his job on "Parks and Recreation" with a possible role in "Two and a Half Men", according to the Hollywood Reporter. He replied, "It's going to be hard...There's no truth [to the rumors].. The internet lit a match and set itself on fire."
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them