Rob Lowe Won't Replace Charlie Sheen on 'Two and a Half Men'
The boss behind Rob Lowe's TV show "Parks and Recreation" is adamant the actor will not be released from his contract to replace Charlie Sheen in "Two and a Half Men". Sheen was sensationally fired from the hit sitcom on Monday, March 7, following a long-running war of words with TV executives and show creator Chuck Lorre.
He has since threatened to sue over his contract termination, while speculation has turned to whether the show will continue with another actor in the lead role. Lowe is rumored to have been approached about the job, but he is tied to his current project, "Parks and Recreation", in a "multi-year contract," according to the show's executive producer Michael Schur.
During a panel discussion at the PaleyFest TV conference in Los Angeles on Wednesday night, March 9, Schur was asked whether Lowe would be able to juggle his job on "Parks and Recreation" with a possible role in "Two and a Half Men", according to the Hollywood Reporter. He replied, "It's going to be hard...There's no truth [to the rumors].. The internet lit a match and set itself on fire."
- Jessica Williams Is Leaving 'The Daily Show' to Headline New Comedy Series
- Pregnant Alanis Morissette Completely Naked in This Beautiful Underwater Photo
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand