Rob Lowe Won't Replace Charlie Sheen on 'Two and a Half Men'
The boss behind Rob Lowe's TV show "Parks and Recreation" is adamant the actor will not be released from his contract to replace Charlie Sheen in "Two and a Half Men". Sheen was sensationally fired from the hit sitcom on Monday, March 7, following a long-running war of words with TV executives and show creator Chuck Lorre.
He has since threatened to sue over his contract termination, while speculation has turned to whether the show will continue with another actor in the lead role. Lowe is rumored to have been approached about the job, but he is tied to his current project, "Parks and Recreation", in a "multi-year contract," according to the show's executive producer Michael Schur.
During a panel discussion at the PaleyFest TV conference in Los Angeles on Wednesday night, March 9, Schur was asked whether Lowe would be able to juggle his job on "Parks and Recreation" with a possible role in "Two and a Half Men", according to the Hollywood Reporter. He replied, "It's going to be hard...There's no truth [to the rumors].. The internet lit a match and set itself on fire."
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist