Rob Lowe Won't Replace Charlie Sheen on 'Two and a Half Men'
The boss behind Rob Lowe's TV show "Parks and Recreation" is adamant the actor will not be released from his contract to replace Charlie Sheen in "Two and a Half Men". Sheen was sensationally fired from the hit sitcom on Monday, March 7, following a long-running war of words with TV executives and show creator Chuck Lorre.
He has since threatened to sue over his contract termination, while speculation has turned to whether the show will continue with another actor in the lead role. Lowe is rumored to have been approached about the job, but he is tied to his current project, "Parks and Recreation", in a "multi-year contract," according to the show's executive producer Michael Schur.
During a panel discussion at the PaleyFest TV conference in Los Angeles on Wednesday night, March 9, Schur was asked whether Lowe would be able to juggle his job on "Parks and Recreation" with a possible role in "Two and a Half Men", according to the Hollywood Reporter. He replied, "It's going to be hard...There's no truth [to the rumors].. The internet lit a match and set itself on fire."
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart