Lady GaGa's Threat Can't Stop Breast Milk Ice Cream Sale
A legal threat from Lady GaGa and an investigation by heath inspectors has failed to halt the sale of an ice cream made from breast milk, the bizarre concoction has been deemed fit for human consumption.
The pop superstar's lawyers have taken aim at the owners of the Icecreamists store in London's Covent Garden over the product, named Baby GaGa. GaGa's attorneys called the ice cream "nausea-inducing" and alleged the name takes advantage of the singer's "reputation and good will". They also demanded company bosses change the title to prevent the star being associated with a product which "may be unsafe for human consumption".
Officials from Westminster Council confiscated the Baby GaGa ice cream for a number of quality control tests, but they have now given bosses at Icecreamists the go-ahead to sell the flavor after deeming it perfectly safe. The council's food safety manager, Richard Block, tells Britain's Evening Standard, "We have now received confirmation from the lab that the product did not contain any harmful bacteria or viruses. Our investigation into the safety of the product is now over."
Icecreamists owner Matt O'Connor adds, "Breast milk is not dangerous and Westminster Council confiscated our product in the full knowledge that we had done all the proper tests. We are considering taking legal action because this has damaged our reputation. They should have waited until they got the tests back before saying our product could have been a risk to the public."
More Lady GaGa News
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes
- Sia and Diplo Team Up for 'Waving Goodbye' From 'The Neon Demon'
- Farrah Abraham Slammed for Posting Photos of Her 7-Year-Old Daughter in Bikinis