Shooting Investigation Into Ashley Cole Is Dropped
Police in the U.K. have dropped an investigation into British singer Cheryl Cole's ex-husband after he accidentally shot a soccer club intern with an air rifle. Sports star Ashley Cole, who plays for London soccer giant Chelsea F.C., wounded work experience staffer Tom Cowan at the team's training ground in Surrey, England in February.
Cowan received hospital treatment, and police launched an investigation into the incident. However, the 21 year old did not press charges and detectives have now confirmed it is "highly unlikely" they will take the matter any further.
Girls Aloud star Cheryl Cole divorced her husband in 2010 after his alleged infidelities hit the headlines. Cole was officially granted a divorce by London's High Court Family Division on Friday, September 3, 2010. Both the singer and the soccer player didn't attend the London court hearing where District Judge Christopher Simmonds granted the then-couple a decree nisi.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video