Shooting Investigation Into Ashley Cole Is Dropped
Police in the U.K. have dropped an investigation into British singer Cheryl Cole's ex-husband after he accidentally shot a soccer club intern with an air rifle. Sports star Ashley Cole, who plays for London soccer giant Chelsea F.C., wounded work experience staffer Tom Cowan at the team's training ground in Surrey, England in February.
Cowan received hospital treatment, and police launched an investigation into the incident. However, the 21 year old did not press charges and detectives have now confirmed it is "highly unlikely" they will take the matter any further.
Girls Aloud star Cheryl Cole divorced her husband in 2010 after his alleged infidelities hit the headlines. Cole was officially granted a divorce by London's High Court Family Division on Friday, September 3, 2010. Both the singer and the soccer player didn't attend the London court hearing where District Judge Christopher Simmonds granted the then-couple a decree nisi.
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'