Shooting Investigation Into Ashley Cole Is Dropped
Police in the U.K. have dropped an investigation into British singer Cheryl Cole's ex-husband after he accidentally shot a soccer club intern with an air rifle. Sports star Ashley Cole, who plays for London soccer giant Chelsea F.C., wounded work experience staffer Tom Cowan at the team's training ground in Surrey, England in February.
Cowan received hospital treatment, and police launched an investigation into the incident. However, the 21 year old did not press charges and detectives have now confirmed it is "highly unlikely" they will take the matter any further.
Girls Aloud star Cheryl Cole divorced her husband in 2010 after his alleged infidelities hit the headlines. Cole was officially granted a divorce by London's High Court Family Division on Friday, September 3, 2010. Both the singer and the soccer player didn't attend the London court hearing where District Judge Christopher Simmonds granted the then-couple a decree nisi.
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism