'Glee' Star Wants Charlie Sheen to Stop Using 'R' Word
"Glee" star Lauren Potter has opened up about her dark days at school - teen bullies would push her around and make her eat sand. The 20-year-old actress, who was born with Down's Syndrome, hopes her portrayal of Becky Jackson on the hit show is helping teens understand that no one likes to be treated like an animal no matter what they look like or the fact that they're different.
Potter admits she still has nightmares about her teen tormentors. She recalls, "They were, like, pushing me and they'd made me eat sand... It was terrible." Potter reveals cruel youngsters still use "the 'R' word" behind her back, adding, "It's so hurtful." She explains, "The other day... I had girls behind my back calling me 'retard'."
And she's taking issue with Charlie Sheen for his over-use of the word in Internet, TV and radio rants: "He has to stop... Enough is enough and you gotta stop (using) the 'R' word."
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special