'Glee' Star Wants Charlie Sheen to Stop Using 'R' Word
"Glee" star Lauren Potter has opened up about her dark days at school - teen bullies would push her around and make her eat sand. The 20-year-old actress, who was born with Down's Syndrome, hopes her portrayal of Becky Jackson on the hit show is helping teens understand that no one likes to be treated like an animal no matter what they look like or the fact that they're different.
Potter admits she still has nightmares about her teen tormentors. She recalls, "They were, like, pushing me and they'd made me eat sand... It was terrible." Potter reveals cruel youngsters still use "the 'R' word" behind her back, adding, "It's so hurtful." She explains, "The other day... I had girls behind my back calling me 'retard'."
And she's taking issue with Charlie Sheen for his over-use of the word in Internet, TV and radio rants: "He has to stop... Enough is enough and you gotta stop (using) the 'R' word."
More Lauren Potter News
- Halle Berry Skinny-Dipping in the Night After Oscars. Watch the Video!
- Courtney Stodden Exposes Her Nipple in Racy Corset Dress While Attending Oscars Party
- Nicki Minaj Wears Skimpy Bodysuit on Set of New Music Video
- 'Biggest Loser' Trainer Bob Harper's Back at Home After Suffering Heart Attack: 'I'm Feeling Better'
- Here's Why Jennifer Aniston's Oscars Gown Looks Familiar: It Was First Worn by Jennifer Lopez
- Mahershala Ali to Play Two Roles in 'Alita: Battle Angel'
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2': Drax Annoys the Gang in New Trailer Preview
- Katy Perry Accidentally Flashes Her Bare Butt as She Reunites With Orlando Bloom at Oscars Party