50 Cent to Hand Over Gaddafi Cash to Charity
Rapper 50 Cent has become the latest star to hand over tainted concert cash from Gaddafi family gigs to charity. The "In Da Club" hitmaker has confirmed he performed at an event linked to Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi's kin, and like Beyonce Knowles, Nelly Furtado, Mariah Carey and Usher before him, he's donating his fee to a good cause. And 50's UNICEF cash will go directly towards relief efforts in Libya as protesters battle government troops in an effort to force defiant Gaddafi to step down as leader.
A statement released by one of 50's aides on Wednesday, March 9, reads, "In light of the ongoing events in Libya, 50 Cent will be making a donation to UNICEF, which is providing vital relief supplies to meet the needs of women and children at risk during this crisis." 50 Cent performed at a private event during the 2005 Venice Film Festival in Italy that was hosted by members of the Gaddafi clan.
More 50 Cent News
- Kim Ji Won Reveals She's Jealous of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo
- Kris Jenner Is Planning to Send Rob Kardashian to Psych Ward
- Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Hudson Are Feuding on 'The Voice'
- Blac Chyna Parties With Lamar Odom and Tyga
- Girls' Generation's Yuri Injures Her Leg During SM Town Show
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective