50 Cent to Hand Over Gaddafi Cash to Charity
Rapper 50 Cent has become the latest star to hand over tainted concert cash from Gaddafi family gigs to charity. The "In Da Club" hitmaker has confirmed he performed at an event linked to Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi's kin, and like Beyonce Knowles, Nelly Furtado, Mariah Carey and Usher before him, he's donating his fee to a good cause. And 50's UNICEF cash will go directly towards relief efforts in Libya as protesters battle government troops in an effort to force defiant Gaddafi to step down as leader.
A statement released by one of 50's aides on Wednesday, March 9, reads, "In light of the ongoing events in Libya, 50 Cent will be making a donation to UNICEF, which is providing vital relief supplies to meet the needs of women and children at risk during this crisis." 50 Cent performed at a private event during the 2005 Venice Film Festival in Italy that was hosted by members of the Gaddafi clan.
More 50 Cent News
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'