50 Cent to Hand Over Gaddafi Cash to Charity
Rapper 50 Cent has become the latest star to hand over tainted concert cash from Gaddafi family gigs to charity. The "In Da Club" hitmaker has confirmed he performed at an event linked to Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi's kin, and like Beyonce Knowles, Nelly Furtado, Mariah Carey and Usher before him, he's donating his fee to a good cause. And 50's UNICEF cash will go directly towards relief efforts in Libya as protesters battle government troops in an effort to force defiant Gaddafi to step down as leader.
A statement released by one of 50's aides on Wednesday, March 9, reads, "In light of the ongoing events in Libya, 50 Cent will be making a donation to UNICEF, which is providing vital relief supplies to meet the needs of women and children at risk during this crisis." 50 Cent performed at a private event during the 2005 Venice Film Festival in Italy that was hosted by members of the Gaddafi clan.
More 50 Cent News
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch