50 Cent to Hand Over Gaddafi Cash to Charity
Rapper 50 Cent has become the latest star to hand over tainted concert cash from Gaddafi family gigs to charity. The "In Da Club" hitmaker has confirmed he performed at an event linked to Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi's kin, and like Beyonce Knowles, Nelly Furtado, Mariah Carey and Usher before him, he's donating his fee to a good cause. And 50's UNICEF cash will go directly towards relief efforts in Libya as protesters battle government troops in an effort to force defiant Gaddafi to step down as leader.
A statement released by one of 50's aides on Wednesday, March 9, reads, "In light of the ongoing events in Libya, 50 Cent will be making a donation to UNICEF, which is providing vital relief supplies to meet the needs of women and children at risk during this crisis." 50 Cent performed at a private event during the 2005 Venice Film Festival in Italy that was hosted by members of the Gaddafi clan.
More 50 Cent News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences