50 Cent to Hand Over Gaddafi Cash to Charity
Rapper 50 Cent has become the latest star to hand over tainted concert cash from Gaddafi family gigs to charity. The "In Da Club" hitmaker has confirmed he performed at an event linked to Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi's kin, and like Beyonce Knowles, Nelly Furtado, Mariah Carey and Usher before him, he's donating his fee to a good cause. And 50's UNICEF cash will go directly towards relief efforts in Libya as protesters battle government troops in an effort to force defiant Gaddafi to step down as leader.
A statement released by one of 50's aides on Wednesday, March 9, reads, "In light of the ongoing events in Libya, 50 Cent will be making a donation to UNICEF, which is providing vital relief supplies to meet the needs of women and children at risk during this crisis." 50 Cent performed at a private event during the 2005 Venice Film Festival in Italy that was hosted by members of the Gaddafi clan.
More 50 Cent News
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says