NY Knicks' Courtside Seat With Jay-Z Is Auctioned for Charity
Rap mogul Jay-Z is helping to raise money for a children's charity by auctioning off a night out with him at an upcoming New York Knicks basketball game. The package, worth an estimated $20,000, will land the highest bidder and a pal an evening with the "Empire State of Mind" hitmaker at the Knicks' home venue, Madison Square Garden.
Fans have until March 30 to place their bids on the CharityBuzz.com sale. All profits will benefit the Big Apple's Stephen Gaynor School, which aids kids with learning disabilities, according to the New York Daily News.
Ironically, Jay-Z is part-owner of the Knicks' rival team, the New Jersey Nets. The rapper who is co-owner of the team and a group of investors have paid $300 million for its comeback in 2004.
More Jay-Z News
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest