Serena Williams Reveals Her Fear Over Latest Health Trouble
Serena Williams feared the worst when she was rushed to hospital for emergency surgery last week, because the tennis superstar was convinced the haematoma was "something else". The sports star went under the knife at Los Angeles' Cedars-Sinai Medical Center on February 28 after a haemorrhage caused a pooling of blood in her stomach.
The medical drama occurred a week after she was treated for a blood clot in her lungs, stemming from a foot injury sustained last summer. Williams admits her latest health scare had her wracked with nerves.
Appearing on "America's Today" show on Wednesday, March 9, she says, "I developed a large haematoma in my stomach, and I was really nervous because I thought it was something else...What started out as a golf ball ended up the size of a great (mass) in my stomach, so I had to get a drain and when I got there (to the hospital) they said they couldn't drain it and had to surgically remove it."
And Williams reveals her health troubles are far from over: "I still have several clots in my lung and they're just there, they have to eventually dissolve, so I'm just taking it one day at a time. My lungs are fairly healthy, and (I'm) just on the road to recovery." The tennis player, 29, has been on hiatus since hurting her foot last year. She aims to be back on the court by this summer.
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo