Serena Williams Reveals Her Fear Over Latest Health Trouble
Serena Williams feared the worst when she was rushed to hospital for emergency surgery last week, because the tennis superstar was convinced the haematoma was "something else". The sports star went under the knife at Los Angeles' Cedars-Sinai Medical Center on February 28 after a haemorrhage caused a pooling of blood in her stomach.
The medical drama occurred a week after she was treated for a blood clot in her lungs, stemming from a foot injury sustained last summer. Williams admits her latest health scare had her wracked with nerves.
Appearing on "America's Today" show on Wednesday, March 9, she says, "I developed a large haematoma in my stomach, and I was really nervous because I thought it was something else...What started out as a golf ball ended up the size of a great (mass) in my stomach, so I had to get a drain and when I got there (to the hospital) they said they couldn't drain it and had to surgically remove it."
And Williams reveals her health troubles are far from over: "I still have several clots in my lung and they're just there, they have to eventually dissolve, so I'm just taking it one day at a time. My lungs are fairly healthy, and (I'm) just on the road to recovery." The tennis player, 29, has been on hiatus since hurting her foot last year. She aims to be back on the court by this summer.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby