Colin Firth Chooses 'Stoker' as Debut Film After Oscar Winning
British actor Colin Firth is set to sink his teeth into a vampire role in his first film since winning an Oscar last month. The star has signed on to play a bloodsucker in the movie "Stoker", alongside Nicole Kidman and "Alice in Wonderland" actress Mia Wasikowska, according to Britain's The Daily Mail.
The new role is remarkably different from the actor's most recent performance in "The King's Speech", in which he played stuttering royal King George VI. Screenwriter Wentworth Miller reveals the title of the movie is a nod to Bram Stoker's film "Dracula".
He says, "It's got a lot of elements of the Dracula mythology in its story... It's not a vampire story. It's not about vampires at least with the teeth and the desire to suck your blood but it is a thriller and it is about an individual who preys on the innocent."
- Tarek and Christina El Moussa 'Desperately Trying' to Stay in the Limelight by Eying Solo Shows
- Kylie Jenner Goes Makeup Free During a Day Out With Tyga
- Listen to Lana Del Rey's Long-Awaited Dreamy Song 'Love'
- Liam Payne Is Doing Home Renovation Before Cheryl Gives Birth
- Britney Spears Bares Her Naked Body in NSFW Instagram Pic
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.11 Sneak Peeks: What Happens to Dwight After Daryl's Escape?
- Madonna's New Twins Singing 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' Are Just Too Cute
- Report: Louis Tomlinson Rekindles Romance With Eleanor Calder Two Years After Split