Colin Firth Chooses 'Stoker' as Debut Film After Oscar Winning
British actor Colin Firth is set to sink his teeth into a vampire role in his first film since winning an Oscar last month. The star has signed on to play a bloodsucker in the movie "Stoker", alongside Nicole Kidman and "Alice in Wonderland" actress Mia Wasikowska, according to Britain's The Daily Mail.
The new role is remarkably different from the actor's most recent performance in "The King's Speech", in which he played stuttering royal King George VI. Screenwriter Wentworth Miller reveals the title of the movie is a nod to Bram Stoker's film "Dracula".
He says, "It's got a lot of elements of the Dracula mythology in its story... It's not a vampire story. It's not about vampires at least with the teeth and the desire to suck your blood but it is a thriller and it is about an individual who preys on the innocent."
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked