Colin Firth Chooses 'Stoker' as Debut Film After Oscar Winning
British actor Colin Firth is set to sink his teeth into a vampire role in his first film since winning an Oscar last month. The star has signed on to play a bloodsucker in the movie "Stoker", alongside Nicole Kidman and "Alice in Wonderland" actress Mia Wasikowska, according to Britain's The Daily Mail.
The new role is remarkably different from the actor's most recent performance in "The King's Speech", in which he played stuttering royal King George VI. Screenwriter Wentworth Miller reveals the title of the movie is a nod to Bram Stoker's film "Dracula".
He says, "It's got a lot of elements of the Dracula mythology in its story... It's not a vampire story. It's not about vampires at least with the teeth and the desire to suck your blood but it is a thriller and it is about an individual who preys on the innocent."
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March