Colin Firth Chooses 'Stoker' as Debut Film After Oscar Winning
British actor Colin Firth is set to sink his teeth into a vampire role in his first film since winning an Oscar last month. The star has signed on to play a bloodsucker in the movie "Stoker", alongside Nicole Kidman and "Alice in Wonderland" actress Mia Wasikowska, according to Britain's The Daily Mail.
The new role is remarkably different from the actor's most recent performance in "The King's Speech", in which he played stuttering royal King George VI. Screenwriter Wentworth Miller reveals the title of the movie is a nod to Bram Stoker's film "Dracula".
He says, "It's got a lot of elements of the Dracula mythology in its story... It's not a vampire story. It's not about vampires at least with the teeth and the desire to suck your blood but it is a thriller and it is about an individual who preys on the innocent."
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story