Colin Firth Chooses 'Stoker' as Debut Film After Oscar Winning
British actor Colin Firth is set to sink his teeth into a vampire role in his first film since winning an Oscar last month. The star has signed on to play a bloodsucker in the movie "Stoker", alongside Nicole Kidman and "Alice in Wonderland" actress Mia Wasikowska, according to Britain's The Daily Mail.
The new role is remarkably different from the actor's most recent performance in "The King's Speech", in which he played stuttering royal King George VI. Screenwriter Wentworth Miller reveals the title of the movie is a nod to Bram Stoker's film "Dracula".
He says, "It's got a lot of elements of the Dracula mythology in its story... It's not a vampire story. It's not about vampires at least with the teeth and the desire to suck your blood but it is a thriller and it is about an individual who preys on the innocent."
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child