Avril Lavigne Loved to Team Up With Ex-Husband on New Album
Avril Lavigne had no problem working with her rocker ex Deryck Whibley on her new album, insisting she still "respects him as an artist", two years after they split. The "Sk8ter Boi" hitmaker finalized her divorce from Whibley last year, but the former couple reunited in the studio to produce tracks for her latest release, "Goodbye Lullaby".
And Lavigne has nothing but praise for the Sum 41 singer's talents. She tells MTV News, "He's a musician. He does it all, and to have him come on this album and produce and mix, it's like he's so talented, I was really happy to have him produce on this record. He did a really amazing job. We're great friends and I'm grateful for the relationship."
Lavigne, who released her last album, "Best Damn Thing", in 2007, admits she's adopted a new outlook on life after spending some time away from the spotlight. She says, "At this point, because I've been doing this for 10 years, I've kind of learned... my life lesson has been about not worrying about people and what they think. "
She adds," Obviously I care. I want people to like my music and stuff. I've had to learn to really focus on myself: who I am, what I want... You don't want to have distractions, especially when you're being creative." Lavigne has been dating reality TV star Brody Jenner since ending her marriage to Whibley.
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role