Lily Allen Bans Her Fans From Watching Her TV Show
Lily Allen has begged fans not to watch a controversial fly-on-the-wall TV show about her life - insisting she's "embarrassed" by the footage. The "Smile" hitmaker allowed cameras to follow her last year as she prepared to launch her designer clothes hire shop, Lucy In Disguise, with her sister Sarah Owen.
The programme, titled "Lily Allen: From Riches to Rags", shows her confessing to an eating disorder and opening up about her pregnancy last year, which ended in tragedy when she miscarried the baby at six months. But the pop star has now urged her fans not to tune in when the show airs on U.K. network Channel 4 later this month, admitting she was "naive" to agree to take part.
In a series of posts on her Twitter.com blog, Allen writes, "Just a couple of things, some of you may have read about a TV show called 'Riches to Rags' (title not my idea) airing on Tuesday next week. We started filming it a year ago and I feel like a completely different person that (sic) the one that features in the programme."
"I'm inclined to ask you not to watch it cause quite frankly I am embarrassed. On the other hand I want you all to watch it so you can see how the press coverage of it has been totally sensationalized and quotes taken out of context."
"I should probably know better than to write this here but I feel it's the only place that my words don't get minced. That is all... I don't think I got a fee, it was meant to be a show about sisters starting a business. I think I may have been a little naive."
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?