Susan Boyle Gives Up Sweet and Chocolate for Charity
Scottish singing sensation Susan Boyle is giving up candy for 40 days to raise money for charity. The "I Dreamed a Dream" hitmaker is taking part in the Christian tradition of Lent, which sees followers cut out a favorite food or activity in the run-up to Easter.
And Boyle will be putting her sacrifice to good use by collecting the savings she makes on chocolate and donating the money to the Scottish Catholic International Aid Fund's (Sciaf) Wee Box, Big Change project.
Charity spokesman Val Morgan says, "Susan has known about Sciaf's work helping people out of poverty overseas since she was a young girl... This year Susan will be supporting the campaign by giving up sweets and chocolate."
- Hilary Duff Posts Steamy Throwback Pic With Beau Matthew Koma
- Lady GaGa Is Obsessed With Barbra Streisand
- 'Katrina: American Crime Story' Taps Matthew Broderick to Play Michael D. Brown
- Lauren Graham and Dylan McDermott to Lead FOX's New Comedy Pilots
- Kanye West to Launch Makeup for Men
- Emma Watson Shines Like a Princess at 'Beauty and the Beast' Premiere in London
- Listen to Zedd and Alessia Cara's New Single 'Stay'
- Oops! Gigi Hadid Stumbles During Moschino Show at Milan Fashion Week