Susan Boyle Gives Up Sweet and Chocolate for Charity
Scottish singing sensation Susan Boyle is giving up candy for 40 days to raise money for charity. The "I Dreamed a Dream" hitmaker is taking part in the Christian tradition of Lent, which sees followers cut out a favorite food or activity in the run-up to Easter.
And Boyle will be putting her sacrifice to good use by collecting the savings she makes on chocolate and donating the money to the Scottish Catholic International Aid Fund's (Sciaf) Wee Box, Big Change project.
Charity spokesman Val Morgan says, "Susan has known about Sciaf's work helping people out of poverty overseas since she was a young girl... This year Susan will be supporting the campaign by giving up sweets and chocolate."
- 'Power Rangers' First Full Trailer Offers First Official Look at Zordon and Megazord
- Amazon Is Adapting Neil Gaiman's 'Good Omens' Into a Limited Series
- Caitlyn Jenner's Rep Clears Up Rumors of Inaugural Dance With Donald Trump
- Nancy Sinatra Slams Donald Trump for Using Her Father's Song at His Inauguration Ball
- Ariana Grande Shares Sweet Birthday Message for 'Soulmate' Mac Miller
- Bella Thorne Gets Flirty With Zedd on Twitter and His Fans Absolutely Hate It
- Fetty Wap and Monty Flaunt Million-Dollar Bling in New Video for 'S**t I Like'
- Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes Reportedly Fighting Over Whether to Have Baby No. 3