Susan Boyle Gives Up Sweet and Chocolate for Charity
Scottish singing sensation Susan Boyle is giving up candy for 40 days to raise money for charity. The "I Dreamed a Dream" hitmaker is taking part in the Christian tradition of Lent, which sees followers cut out a favorite food or activity in the run-up to Easter.
And Boyle will be putting her sacrifice to good use by collecting the savings she makes on chocolate and donating the money to the Scottish Catholic International Aid Fund's (Sciaf) Wee Box, Big Change project.
Charity spokesman Val Morgan says, "Susan has known about Sciaf's work helping people out of poverty overseas since she was a young girl... This year Susan will be supporting the campaign by giving up sweets and chocolate."
More Susan Boyle News
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards
- BET Awards 2016: Erykah Badu, Tori Kelly and Jennifer Hudson Team Up for Prince Tribute
- Demi Lovato Opens Up About Addictions and Eating Disorder, Says She 'Was Going to Die Young'
- BET Awards 2016: Drake and Future Among First Winners
- BET Awards 2016: See Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Karrueche Tran's Showstopping Styles on Red Carpet
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage