Susan Boyle Gives Up Sweet and Chocolate for Charity
Scottish singing sensation Susan Boyle is giving up candy for 40 days to raise money for charity. The "I Dreamed a Dream" hitmaker is taking part in the Christian tradition of Lent, which sees followers cut out a favorite food or activity in the run-up to Easter.
And Boyle will be putting her sacrifice to good use by collecting the savings she makes on chocolate and donating the money to the Scottish Catholic International Aid Fund's (Sciaf) Wee Box, Big Change project.
Charity spokesman Val Morgan says, "Susan has known about Sciaf's work helping people out of poverty overseas since she was a young girl... This year Susan will be supporting the campaign by giving up sweets and chocolate."
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce