Susan Boyle Gives Up Sweet and Chocolate for Charity
Scottish singing sensation Susan Boyle is giving up candy for 40 days to raise money for charity. The "I Dreamed a Dream" hitmaker is taking part in the Christian tradition of Lent, which sees followers cut out a favorite food or activity in the run-up to Easter.
And Boyle will be putting her sacrifice to good use by collecting the savings she makes on chocolate and donating the money to the Scottish Catholic International Aid Fund's (Sciaf) Wee Box, Big Change project.
Charity spokesman Val Morgan says, "Susan has known about Sciaf's work helping people out of poverty overseas since she was a young girl... This year Susan will be supporting the campaign by giving up sweets and chocolate."
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says