Lindsay Lohan Necklace Is Up for Charity Auction
The necklace Lindsay Lohan is accused of stealing from a California jewelry store is to be auctioned off for charity. The "Mean Girls" star is facing a felony grand theft charge and a possible prison sentence if she is found to have stolen the $2,500 piece from the Kamofie & Company store in California in January.
Bosses at the shop have now confirmed the item in question is set to be sold off and the proceeds handed to charity. A representative for Kamofie & Company tells TMZ.com, "We have decided to sell the diamond necklace through auction, and give the proceeds to charity. We invite the public to make suggestions as to the most appropriate charity to receive the benefit of the sale's proceeds."
The necklace is currently being held as evidence by the Los Angeles County District Attorney and the sale won't be held until after Lohan's legal case is resolved. She is due back in court on Thursday, March 10. The news comes just days after the actress threatened to sue store bosses for allegedly striking a $40,000 deal to release CCTV tapes which show Lohan trying the necklace on.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding