Lindsay Lohan Necklace Is Up for Charity Auction
The necklace Lindsay Lohan is accused of stealing from a California jewelry store is to be auctioned off for charity. The "Mean Girls" star is facing a felony grand theft charge and a possible prison sentence if she is found to have stolen the $2,500 piece from the Kamofie & Company store in California in January.
Bosses at the shop have now confirmed the item in question is set to be sold off and the proceeds handed to charity. A representative for Kamofie & Company tells TMZ.com, "We have decided to sell the diamond necklace through auction, and give the proceeds to charity. We invite the public to make suggestions as to the most appropriate charity to receive the benefit of the sale's proceeds."
The necklace is currently being held as evidence by the Los Angeles County District Attorney and the sale won't be held until after Lohan's legal case is resolved. She is due back in court on Thursday, March 10. The news comes just days after the actress threatened to sue store bosses for allegedly striking a $40,000 deal to release CCTV tapes which show Lohan trying the necklace on.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Seth Rogen's R-Rated Animated Comedy 'Sausage Party' to Join Oscar Race
- Rihanna Regrets Skipping Drake's Party and Letting Taylor Swift Steal the Spotlight
- Olivia Wilde Shares Breastfeeding Photo, Finds New Drinking Buddy in Newborn Daughter
- Twitter Rips Drake for Mocking Kid Cudi's Mental Illness in New Diss Track
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery