Robert Pattinson Enjoyed Anonymity Holiday
"Twilight" star Robert Pattinson enjoyed a rare few days of anonymity in November 2010 when he embarked on a road trip from Los Angeles to New Orleans, Louisiana, because "no one" knew who he was.
The British hunk has shot to super-stardom since landing a lead in the vampire film franchise and struggles to go anywhere without being mobbed by devotees. But Pattinson managed to escape the craze of the paparazzi and his fan following when he set off on the long drive with two pals from England, as he made his way to Baton Rouge, where he was set to begin shooting the first part of Twilight film Breaking Dawn.
The trio stuck to "service roads" to explore the local surroundings on its journey through America's southern states and the actor admits it was a world away from the atmosphere he has become accustomed to living in Los Angeles.
"It was awesome," he tells Vanity Fair magazine. "I went on service roads the whole time. I navigated it on an iPhone. It didn't seem like America at all. Me and my friends were the only white people." His favorite part of the trip was being able to sit in a bar and enjoy a beer without being disturbed, "No one recognized me or anything. And I was like, 'Ah, this is really cool', sitting there eating chicken wings and stuff."
But his holiday heaven didn't last long and his oasis was soon disrupted when fans got word of his whereabouts, prompting police to show up to help control the crowds and escort Pattinson and his pals back to their hotel.
More Robert Pattinson News
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic