Phil Collins Wants Retirement to Look After Sons
Phil Collins has set the record straight over conflicting reports he's set to retire from music, insisting he wants to "call it a day" to look after his young sons. The former Genesis frontman hinted about plans to end his career due to health problems, but a spokesperson subsequently dismissed speculation about an official retirement. Now the drummer has taken to his official website to clear up the confusion and deny rumors he's quitting due to bad reviews and poor album sales.
He writes, "Many of the articles printed over the last few months have ended up painting a picture of me that is more than a little distorted. Therefore, I would like to add my comments and try to explain again my reasons for calling it a day. I'm not stopping because of dodgy reviews or bad treatment in the press. I'm not stopping because I don't feel loved, I know I still have a very large fan base that loves what I do. Thank you. I'm not stopping because I don't fit in, this was proved with (2010 album) "Going Back" reaching No 1 in the UK, and doing incredibly well worldwide.
He adds, "I am stopping so I can be a full time father to my two young sons on a daily basis." Collins admits that some of his press coverage had portrayed him as a "tormented weirdo" but he reassures fans there is "no need for the straitjacket". The rocker failed to comment on reports that hearing loss and nerve damage in his hands had prompted him to bow out of the music industry.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show