Phil Collins Wants Retirement to Look After Sons
Phil Collins has set the record straight over conflicting reports he's set to retire from music, insisting he wants to "call it a day" to look after his young sons. The former Genesis frontman hinted about plans to end his career due to health problems, but a spokesperson subsequently dismissed speculation about an official retirement. Now the drummer has taken to his official website to clear up the confusion and deny rumors he's quitting due to bad reviews and poor album sales.
He writes, "Many of the articles printed over the last few months have ended up painting a picture of me that is more than a little distorted. Therefore, I would like to add my comments and try to explain again my reasons for calling it a day. I'm not stopping because of dodgy reviews or bad treatment in the press. I'm not stopping because I don't feel loved, I know I still have a very large fan base that loves what I do. Thank you. I'm not stopping because I don't fit in, this was proved with (2010 album) "Going Back" reaching No 1 in the UK, and doing incredibly well worldwide.
He adds, "I am stopping so I can be a full time father to my two young sons on a daily basis." Collins admits that some of his press coverage had portrayed him as a "tormented weirdo" but he reassures fans there is "no need for the straitjacket". The rocker failed to comment on reports that hearing loss and nerve damage in his hands had prompted him to bow out of the music industry.
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl