Grieving Parents Halted Mike Tyson From Going Crazy as Daughter Died
Boxer-turned reality TV personality and film star Mike Tyson has opened up about the death of his daughter, revealing the grief of other desperate parents stopped him from going crazy in the hospital where the four year old passed away. Little Exodus Tyson died in May 2009 after an accident at the family home and the former heavyweight boxing champion admits he was so upset he was sure he'd go "psycho" when he arrived at the hospital where his daughter spent her final hours.
Appearing on the Ellen DeGeneres' Show on Tuesday, March 8, Tyson said, "I was pretty outraged, torn apart. When I went to the hospital when she was on the machine, I was anticipating, because I was probably coming down from a hangover, but I'm anticipating that I'm going to go to the hospital and raise hell (sic). Once I got there and saw other people who had children who already died or were dying; they were handling it with dignity and I didn't want to be the psycho parent. I wanted to handle it with dignity as well."
He adds, "Their kids were dying too, so I didn't have any right to be a psycho. I just had to handle it like everyone else and be humble and be at ease."
- Free the Nipples! Jennifer Aniston Ditches Her Bra Again During NYC Outing
- Yikes! Khloe Kardashian Lived With The Game, and Some Other Men, When She Was a Teen
- Joe Perry: Aerosmith's Farewell Tour Is Simply 'an Option'
- Anna Kendrick: 'I'd Be Terrible at Being Like Taylor Swift'
- This Is Your First Look at Gillian Anderson on 'American Gods'
- Tyga Caught With Mystery Blonde Following Kylie Jenner Reunion
- Demi Lovato Flaunts Her Naked Butt in Promotional Images for 'Body Say'
- Jonah Hill and Miles Teller Are Pro Money in New 'War Dogs' Trailer