Grieving Parents Halted Mike Tyson From Going Crazy as Daughter Died
Boxer-turned reality TV personality and film star Mike Tyson has opened up about the death of his daughter, revealing the grief of other desperate parents stopped him from going crazy in the hospital where the four year old passed away. Little Exodus Tyson died in May 2009 after an accident at the family home and the former heavyweight boxing champion admits he was so upset he was sure he'd go "psycho" when he arrived at the hospital where his daughter spent her final hours.
Appearing on the Ellen DeGeneres' Show on Tuesday, March 8, Tyson said, "I was pretty outraged, torn apart. When I went to the hospital when she was on the machine, I was anticipating, because I was probably coming down from a hangover, but I'm anticipating that I'm going to go to the hospital and raise hell (sic). Once I got there and saw other people who had children who already died or were dying; they were handling it with dignity and I didn't want to be the psycho parent. I wanted to handle it with dignity as well."
He adds, "Their kids were dying too, so I didn't have any right to be a psycho. I just had to handle it like everyone else and be humble and be at ease."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences