Grieving Parents Halted Mike Tyson From Going Crazy as Daughter Died
Boxer-turned reality TV personality and film star Mike Tyson has opened up about the death of his daughter, revealing the grief of other desperate parents stopped him from going crazy in the hospital where the four year old passed away. Little Exodus Tyson died in May 2009 after an accident at the family home and the former heavyweight boxing champion admits he was so upset he was sure he'd go "psycho" when he arrived at the hospital where his daughter spent her final hours.
Appearing on the Ellen DeGeneres' Show on Tuesday, March 8, Tyson said, "I was pretty outraged, torn apart. When I went to the hospital when she was on the machine, I was anticipating, because I was probably coming down from a hangover, but I'm anticipating that I'm going to go to the hospital and raise hell (sic). Once I got there and saw other people who had children who already died or were dying; they were handling it with dignity and I didn't want to be the psycho parent. I wanted to handle it with dignity as well."
He adds, "Their kids were dying too, so I didn't have any right to be a psycho. I just had to handle it like everyone else and be humble and be at ease."
- Selena Gomez Is Queen of Instagram, Becomes the First Person to Reach 100M Followers
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reportedly Planning a 'Secret Wedding' to Nina Agdal
- Listen to Juicy J's New Single 'Ballin' Feat. Kanye West
- 'Black Panther' Casts 'Person of Interest' Alum Winston Duke as Villainous Man-Ape
- Zayn and Gigi Hadid Get Lovey-Dovey in This Pic as His Mom Asks Him to Dump Her
- Mariah Carey Debuts New Song 'Infamous' for 'Empire' Series
- Keanu Reeves Walks Down Brooklyn Bridge With His New Dog in New 'John Wick 2' Pic
- Here's the Real Reason Rob Kardashian Tweeted Kylie Jenner's Number. Does She Deserve It?