Lindsay Lohan Ready to Sue Jewelry's Store Owners for Selling Surveillance Tape
Lindsay Lohan is set to sue the owners of the California jewelry store who accused her of stealing a necklace over their decision to sell surveillance video footage of the alleged incident to the media. Kamofie & Company bosses released the CCTV tapes to the Associated Press after striking a deal reportedly worth $40,000. The video has since emerged online.
The news has infuriated the "Mean Girls" star, who argues the jewelers are attempting to cash in on her name and she is preparing to take them to court because she never granted the store owners permission to use her image for profit, according to TMZ.com. But a representative for Kamofie & Company has defended the decision to release the tapes.
A statement issued to TMZ.com reads, "We regret to hear there is trepidation by Miss Lohan in connection with the video. We hope that everyone understands that this is beyond our control, the flood of the requests to see this video were simply too overwhelming. It was truly necessary to put it out." Lohan is facing a felony grand theft charge over the incident and is due back in court on March 10. She has pleaded not guilty to the accusation and has been warned by a judge that she will be sentenced to jail if she accepts a plea deal.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered
- Wham! and Chris Martin Pay Tribute to George Michael at BRIT Awards
- Tom Cruise Reportedly Ready to Reconnect With Daughter Suri After Years Apart
- Hugh Jackman Rules Out Wolverine/Deadpool Movie
- 'Glee' Alum Lauren Potter's Engagement Called Off
- David Beckham Smashes His Tooth During Snowboarding Trip, Days After Son Brooklyn Got Arm Injury