Lindsay Lohan Ready to Sue Jewelry's Store Owners for Selling Surveillance Tape
Lindsay Lohan is set to sue the owners of the California jewelry store who accused her of stealing a necklace over their decision to sell surveillance video footage of the alleged incident to the media. Kamofie & Company bosses released the CCTV tapes to the Associated Press after striking a deal reportedly worth $40,000. The video has since emerged online.
The news has infuriated the "Mean Girls" star, who argues the jewelers are attempting to cash in on her name and she is preparing to take them to court because she never granted the store owners permission to use her image for profit, according to TMZ.com. But a representative for Kamofie & Company has defended the decision to release the tapes.
A statement issued to TMZ.com reads, "We regret to hear there is trepidation by Miss Lohan in connection with the video. We hope that everyone understands that this is beyond our control, the flood of the requests to see this video were simply too overwhelming. It was truly necessary to put it out." Lohan is facing a felony grand theft charge over the incident and is due back in court on March 10. She has pleaded not guilty to the accusation and has been warned by a judge that she will be sentenced to jail if she accepts a plea deal.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding