Rihanna Says No to 'The Bodyguard' Remake
Rihanna has no interest in filling Whitney Houston's shoes in the upcoming remake of "The Bodyguard" - because she refuses to play a singer on the big screen. The "Umbrella" hitmaker is set to showcase her acting talents in upcoming blockbuster "Battleship" and hopes to follow up her debut with more film roles.
But the Bajan beauty will never take on Houston's role as a singer in the untitled The Bodyguard remake - because playing a musician wouldn't be a "challenge". When asked if she's interested in the remake, Rihanna told OK! magazine, "Absolutely not. I want to separate the two. I hate it when singers do singing movies all the time because you can never look at them as anybody else."
"I want to play a character. My whole life is playing Rihanna, (so) being a singer (in a film) won't be a stretch for me. I like challenges and being an actor is playing a role, being able to step into somebody else's shoes, that's the excitement."
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment