Rihanna Says No to 'The Bodyguard' Remake
Rihanna has no interest in filling Whitney Houston's shoes in the upcoming remake of "The Bodyguard" - because she refuses to play a singer on the big screen. The "Umbrella" hitmaker is set to showcase her acting talents in upcoming blockbuster "Battleship" and hopes to follow up her debut with more film roles.
But the Bajan beauty will never take on Houston's role as a singer in the untitled The Bodyguard remake - because playing a musician wouldn't be a "challenge". When asked if she's interested in the remake, Rihanna told OK! magazine, "Absolutely not. I want to separate the two. I hate it when singers do singing movies all the time because you can never look at them as anybody else."
"I want to play a character. My whole life is playing Rihanna, (so) being a singer (in a film) won't be a stretch for me. I like challenges and being an actor is playing a role, being able to step into somebody else's shoes, that's the excitement."
- Kylie Jenner Asks Tyga to Move Back Into Her House
- Rihanna Is Unhappy Kanye West Put Her in Bed With Donald Trump and George W. Bush in 'Famous' Video
- Iggy Azalea Gets Thanked for 'Ruining Hip-Hop.' See Her Reaction
- Winona Ryder Defends Ex Johnny Depp Against Amber Heard's Abuse Allegations
- 'Star Trek Beyond' New Trailer: Captain Kirk Makes His Last Report
- Tyrese Gibson Confirms Return to 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Chris Brown Sued by Suge Knight Over 2014 Club Shooting. What's Breezy's Fault?
- Taylor Swift Tells Her Friends She's 'in Love' With Tom Hiddleston as Couple Enjoy Roman Holiday