Rihanna Says No to 'The Bodyguard' Remake
Rihanna has no interest in filling Whitney Houston's shoes in the upcoming remake of "The Bodyguard" - because she refuses to play a singer on the big screen. The "Umbrella" hitmaker is set to showcase her acting talents in upcoming blockbuster "Battleship" and hopes to follow up her debut with more film roles.
But the Bajan beauty will never take on Houston's role as a singer in the untitled The Bodyguard remake - because playing a musician wouldn't be a "challenge". When asked if she's interested in the remake, Rihanna told OK! magazine, "Absolutely not. I want to separate the two. I hate it when singers do singing movies all the time because you can never look at them as anybody else."
"I want to play a character. My whole life is playing Rihanna, (so) being a singer (in a film) won't be a stretch for me. I like challenges and being an actor is playing a role, being able to step into somebody else's shoes, that's the excitement."
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story