Rihanna Says No to 'The Bodyguard' Remake
Rihanna has no interest in filling Whitney Houston's shoes in the upcoming remake of "The Bodyguard" - because she refuses to play a singer on the big screen. The "Umbrella" hitmaker is set to showcase her acting talents in upcoming blockbuster "Battleship" and hopes to follow up her debut with more film roles.
But the Bajan beauty will never take on Houston's role as a singer in the untitled The Bodyguard remake - because playing a musician wouldn't be a "challenge". When asked if she's interested in the remake, Rihanna told OK! magazine, "Absolutely not. I want to separate the two. I hate it when singers do singing movies all the time because you can never look at them as anybody else."
"I want to play a character. My whole life is playing Rihanna, (so) being a singer (in a film) won't be a stretch for me. I like challenges and being an actor is playing a role, being able to step into somebody else's shoes, that's the excitement."
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby