Rihanna Says No to 'The Bodyguard' Remake
Rihanna has no interest in filling Whitney Houston's shoes in the upcoming remake of "The Bodyguard" - because she refuses to play a singer on the big screen. The "Umbrella" hitmaker is set to showcase her acting talents in upcoming blockbuster "Battleship" and hopes to follow up her debut with more film roles.
But the Bajan beauty will never take on Houston's role as a singer in the untitled The Bodyguard remake - because playing a musician wouldn't be a "challenge". When asked if she's interested in the remake, Rihanna told OK! magazine, "Absolutely not. I want to separate the two. I hate it when singers do singing movies all the time because you can never look at them as anybody else."
"I want to play a character. My whole life is playing Rihanna, (so) being a singer (in a film) won't be a stretch for me. I like challenges and being an actor is playing a role, being able to step into somebody else's shoes, that's the excitement."
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Hold Hands in NYC Following Split Rumors
- Backstreet Boys Joins Florida Georgia Line at iHeartRadio Music Festival. Plus Other Performances!
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors